Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 22, 2006

Sunil

Jun 22, 2006, 10:26:14 PM6/22/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 22, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

New Delhi Television
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs300
Current market price: Rs186

Takeaways from management meeting
We believe that with numerous revenue streams, NDTV has smartly put a strong business model in place. However, we have downgraded our earnings estimates by 4% to take into account the equity dilution on account of stock options that is likely to take place over FY2007E. In the short term, the stock may underperform as competitive pressures increase and the company needs to work on improving its content further to overcome the same.

At the current market price of Rs186, the stock is quoting at 14.2x it FY2008E earnings per share and 8.8x FY2008E enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation. We maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs300 based on the sum-of-parts valuation method.

Lupin
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,130
Current market price: Rs989

Increasing global footprint
Lupin has received the approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to market the tablet form of Quinapril, a high blood pressure drug, in the USA. The approval was given for tablets in 5mg, 10mg, 20mg and 40mg strengths.

Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,760
Current market price: Rs979

Earnings visible at least till FY2009

We attended the conference call of Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore (ALCO) conducted to brief investors on the company's recent USD446-million acquisition of Sinvest, a Norwegian oil drilling company. Also we have studied the company's recently released annual report for FY2006. We present below the highlights of the company's annual report.

Key highlights

  • Higher-than-expected debt on books: As per the annual report the company has on its balance sheet a total debt of Rs1,100 crore, which is higher than our expectation and hence unwelcome. We fear that the high debt would increase ALCO's interest charge, thereby affecting its earnings.
  • Proposal to raise equity capital: ALCO is toying with the idea of raising funds worth USD200 million (about Rs900 crore) through a foreign currency convertible bond/global depository/American depository receipt issue. If the proposal gets the nod of the shareholders, it will be a positive as it will lower the company's debt/equity ratio.
  • Delay in deployment of Aban Abraham: We had expected ALCO's drill ship, Aban Abraham, to commence operations from Q4FY2007. However the drill ship is expected to become operational only in Q2FY2008. The delay in deploying Aban Abraham is likely to depress ALCO's FY2007 earnings.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June22.pdf