Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 13, 2006

1 view

Sunil

Jun 13, 2006, 9:58:29 PM6/13/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com, EquityRese...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 13, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

SHAREKHAN SPECIAL

Make money, come bull or bear
Time and again Sharekhan has apprised you of the benefits of investing in high dividend-yield stocks (refer to the annexure). In a falling market like this (the BSE Sensex, the bellwether index, has corrected by more than 25% from its all-time high of 12,671) it becomes all the more beneficial to invest in such stocks as the downside to their price is limited by the dividend yield.

The vulnerables
Although we are a firm believer of the great Indian growth story (much about which has already been said and written by us as well as by others) and we believe that the good times for India have just started, we would also like to be a little cautious in such volatile times. We have screened a few stocks (in the BSE 500 Index), which have not corrected as much as the BSE Sensex over the last one month and in which FIIs have substantially hiked their stake over the last six months. The growth story in many of these stocks must be kicking and alive, but they may fall prey to the selling by FIIs, in case the next round comes!!

VIEWPOINT

Simplex Infrastructures

Not as simple as it appears

  • Simplex Infrastructures' order backlog stands at Rs4,253 crore, which is 3.2x its FY2006 revenues and provides a strong visibility to its earnings for the coming years. The order backlog has grown at a strong compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 67.8% in the FY2003-06 period from Rs900 crore to Rs4,253 crore.
  • SIL is entering new verticals to maintain the growth momentum. It plans to take up the construction of hydroelectric plants within the power vertical. Plans are also afoot to expand the industry vertical by taking projects in the oil & gas and mining sectors.
  • Based on back-of-envelope calculations, SIL is expected to double its profit after tax (PAT) in the FY2006-08 period from Rs41.6 crore in FY2006 to Rs93.1 crore in FY2008E. The stock trades at 13.8x FY2008E earnings, and its valuation are expensive as compared to Larsen & Toubro, a Rs25,000 crore market cap company, which trades at just 15.8x FY2008E consolidated earnings. Even, its peer group companies (of similar size) like Nagarjuna Construction (7.8x), Hindustan Construction Company (12.5x) and IVRCL (8.2x) are available at cheaper valuation compared with SIL with similar earnings growth.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June13.pdf