Understanding Acme custom extension from samples for Attribute Exchange.

Nikko

Dec 16, 2010, 5:35:26 AM12/16/10
to DotNetOpenAuth
Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the Acme custom extension works when used
with Attribute Exchange.

In my OP should I be able to call the Create method on an Acme object
to get an AcmeResponse which can then be added as a response extension
to the ProviderEndpoint.PendingRequest?

If so I'm not sure what to supply as the baseMessage parameter. It is
described as "The OpenID message carrying this extension", but I don't
know what that is as it needs to be an IProtocolMessageWithExtensions.
Where does IProtocolMessageWithExtensions come from? Also should
supplying an IDictionary to the data parameter automatically populate
the properties of the AcmeResponse object decorated with the
[MessagePart] attribute?

Additionlly, in my RP, should I be able to use
response.GetExtension<AcmeResponse>(); to retrieve the attributes
rather than using response.GetExtension<FetchResponse>()?

I suppose this leads to a 3rd question which is to initiate the
request I am using a new FetchRequest and adding the "testextension"
as a required attribute, but should I be able to again use Acme.Create
to generate the FetchRequest?

Thanks.

Andrew Arnott

Dec 16, 2010, 6:26:17 PM12/16/10
to Nikko, DotNetOpenAuth
I think you are confusing a custom OpenID extension sample (Acme) with
the AX extension. They are entirely different and independent of each
other. If you like AX and just want to define custom attributes, use
AX. If you truly need your own custom extension then AX has nothing to
do with it -- although it is certainly allowed for both AX and a custom
extension to both be present.

Big thumbs + little phone = short message From: Nikko
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:35 AM
To: DotNetOpenAuth
Subject: [dotnetopenauth] Understanding Acme custom extension from