Google Apps for Domains support is coming

Andrew Arnott

Nov 29, 2009, 10:51:22 AM11/29/09
to dotnetopenid
DotNetOpenAuth v3.4 will feature support for Google Apps for Domains OpenID logins.

There's been considerable interest in this feature, and the code change to support it may be in a good direction anyway.

I have a working prototype of it in DNOA already, but it's implementation is incomplete.  I'll keep you all apprised.  If you've been hurting for this feature, please consider a donation.
--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - S. G. Tallentyre

iZ

Dec 9, 2009, 1:49:29 PM12/9/09
to DotNetOpenAuth
Great news!! Until this is ready, is there any way at all to use
Google Apps for Domains as an OP without hosting your own xrds?

Using https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/site-xrds?hd={domain name}
will get me to where I can log into my domain account and authorize
but upon returning to my page, I get:

The OpenID Provider issued an assertion for an Identifier whose
discovery information did not match
and the "Discovered Endpoint info" is [].

Is this because the user-discovery url on google domains is different
than the site-discovery url? Are there any work arounds?

Thanks!

On Nov 29, 10:51 am, Andrew Arnott <andrewarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DotNetOpenAuth v3.4 will feature support for Google Apps for Domains OpenID
> logins.
>
> There's been considerable interest in this feature, and the code change to
> support it may be in a good direction anyway.
>
> I have a working prototype of it in DNOA already, but it's implementation is
> incomplete.  I'll keep you all apprised.  If you've been hurting for this
> feature, please consider a donation <http://pledgie.com/campaigns/2678>.

Andrew Arnott

Dec 9, 2009, 1:53:23 PM12/9/09
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi iZ,

You must host your own XRDS file to get Google Apps for Domains support at RPs that don't explicitly support Google Apps for Domains.  No way around that -- in fact the self-hosted XRDS is the workaround. :)

You can use it now if you'd like.  Just go grab a nightly build from the master branch on TeamCity.  Google Apps support is done -- v3.4 just hasn't been released yet because more changes are coming.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - S. G. Tallentyre

iZ

Dec 9, 2009, 3:34:56 PM12/9/09
to DotNetOpenAuth
Cool - I've grabbed that version and the sample page using the control
works fine! However, when trying to use it programmatically, I've
added:

OpenIdRelyingParty openid = new OpenIdRelyingParty();
IAuthenticationRequest req = null;

openid.DiscoveryServices.Clear();
openid.DiscoveryServices.Insert(0, GoogleAppsDiscovery);

req = openid.CreateRequest(domain);

var fetch = new FetchRequest();
fetch.Attributes.AddRequired
(WellKnownAttributes.Contact.Email);
req.AddExtension(fetch);

req.RedirectToProvider();

Upon returning, I still get that "The OpenID Provider issued an
assertion for an Identifier whose discovery information did not match"
error :( Shoul di be passing anything other than the domain to
CreateRequest()?

On Dec 9, 1:53 pm, Andrew Arnott <andrewarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi iZ,
>
> You must host your own XRDS file to get Google Apps for Domains support at
> RPs that don't explicitly support Google Apps for Domains.  No way around
> that -- in fact the self-hosted XRDS *is* the workaround. :)
>
> You can use it now if you'd like.  Just go grab a nightly build from the
> master branch on TeamCity <http://teamcity.dotnetopenauth.net>.  Google Apps

Andrew Arnott

Dec 9, 2009, 4:10:00 PM12/9/09
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
Where are you getting your GoogleAppsDiscovery instance?  You need to set HostMetaDiscoveryService.UseGoogleHostedHostMeta = true on that instance for Google Apps to work.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - S. G. Tallentyre

iZ

Dec 9, 2009, 4:14:31 PM12/9/09
to DotNetOpenAuth
Yes - I have that in the page as well:

private HostMetaDiscoveryService GoogleAppsDiscovery = new
HostMetaDiscoveryService
{
UseGoogleHostedHostMeta = true,
};

Andrew Arnott

Dec 9, 2009, 4:15:58 PM12/9/09
to dotnet...@googlegroups.com
And are you adding this extra discovery service to the OpenIdRelyingParty instance that you use to receive the response?

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - S. G. Tallentyre

iZ

Dec 9, 2009, 4:23:18 PM12/9/09
to DotNetOpenAuth
I was not. But now I am. And now it works :) Thanks so much!!!!