[dorkbotpdx-announce] DorkbotPDX is having Open Mic Surgery! Dec 17th!

Jason Plumb

Dec 5, 2012, 1:12:40 AM12/5/12
to dorkbotpdx-...@googlegroups.com, dorkbotpd...@dorkbot.org, An discussion list for dorkbot-pdx (portland, or)
Hi.

In just under two weeks, we'll be meeting at Someday Lounge instead of
Backspace. We'll be using this opportunity to host an OpenDork/Open-mic
event for artists, nerds, tinkerers, geeks, dorks and others:

http://dorkbotpdx.org/wiki/open_mic_surgery_2012_12_17

8-minute performances. Simultaneous video and audio tracks.

Please join us and present works or perform feats of art (*sign up on
the wiki link above). Or email ja...@noisybox.net and I'll put you down
for a slot.

When: Monday, December 17th, 2012 :: 8pm
Where: Someday Lounge (map) (just two doors down from Backspace)
Who: DorkbotPDX and YOU!
Cost: Free! Open to the public!

We will be taking advantage of the audio/visual system to have an
open-mic style event. Think: OpenDork meets OpenMic. Bring your own
signal!

Signal ideas:

Music performance
Video (short film, realtime performance)
Ignite style quick talk
Reading source code
Live coding

See you then!
open_mic_surgery.jpg

Jason Plumb

Dec 12, 2012, 10:38:07 AM12/12/12
to An discussion list for dorkbot-pdx (portland, or), dorkbotpd...@dorkbot.org
Just a reminder that this coming Monday, Dec 17th, Dorkbot will be held
at Someday Lounge, and we'll be doing OPEN MIC SURGERY.

There are currently 3 audio and 3 video slots remaining...so now is your
chance to sign up!

Going to be fun!

-jason
open_mic_surgery.jpg