[Dojo-interest] dojo.io.iframe.send more than once

Nicola Piccinini

Nov 14, 2009, 11:22:37 AM11/14/09
to dojo-i...@mail.dojotoolkit.org
Hi all,

I want to share my experience with dojo.io.iframe.send and IE 7 and Safari 4.
It works well only the first time it is called in a page, afterwards
no requests are sent to the target server.
At the end I've understood that I need to create the communication
iframe for every request, this is my workaround:

if ((dojo.isSafari || dojo.isIE) && dojo.io.iframe["_frame"])
{
dojo.destroy(dojo.io.iframe['_frame']);
var frameName = dojo.io.iframe._iframeName;
dojo.io.iframe["_frame"] = window[frameName] = null;
if (window.frames)
window.frames[frameName] = null;
}
dojo.io.iframe.send(...)

I'm experiencing the problem both with dojo 1.3.2 and 1.4.0 beta.
In Firefox it works without any workaround instead.

Maybe it's related to this other discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/dojo-interest/browse_thread/thread/61c53e00e272e4d1/f89aead85ca35818

Best,
Nicola