361 intelligente civilisationer i galaksen vor

Jesus-loves-you

Feb 5, 2009, 6:31:32 PM2/5/09
"Jesus-loves-you" skrev ...

Subject: Evolutionens love (i Universet) - ...
7406 news:iisEj.14$0R...@news.get2net.dk

> Hvorfor hører vi ikke livstegn fra flere civilisationer i
> Universet ?
>
> ("Telefonen" (vor) bliver jo ikke ligefrem kimet ned!)

+

Subject: Stephen Hawking tanker ang. biologisk decentralisering ...
8102 news:gd4h1h$1v7p$1...@newsbin.cybercity.dk

News:

=== citat start ===

TV2 TEXT (Norway, p126) Fre 06.feb (2009, CET) 00:02:03

- Liv på andre planeter

En forsker har nå regnet ut hvor mange
intelligente sivilisasjoner som
finnes, og det er ikke få. Oppdagelsen
av flere enn 330 planeter utenfor
vårt solsystem, har bidratt til å
regne ut antallet former av liv som
muligens eksisterer. Den aktuelle
forskningen viser at det finnes minst
361 intelligente civilisasjoner i vår
galakse og sannsynligvis så mange som
38 000 til sammen, ifølge BBC

=== citat slut ====

Hmm ...

Og hvad mon der står på BBC ?

=== citat start ===

Page last updated at 00:11 GMT, Thursday, 5 February 2009

Number of alien worlds quantified

Intelligent civilisations are out there and there could be thousands of
them, according to an Edinburgh scientist.

The discovery of more than 330 planets outside our solar system in recent
years has helped refine the number of life forms that are likely to exist.

The current research estimates that there are at least 361 intelligent
civilisations in our Galaxy and possibly as many as 38,000.

The work is reported in the International Journal of Astrobiology.

Even with the higher of the two estimates, however, it is not very likely
that contact could be established with alien worlds.

While researchers often come up with overall estimates of the likelihood of
intelligent life in the universe, it is a process fraught with guesswork;
recent guesses put the number anywhere between a million and less than one.

"It's a process of quantifying our ignorance," said Duncan Forgan, the
University of Edinburgh researcher who carried out the work.

In his new approach, Mr Forgan simulated a galaxy much like our own,
allowing it to develop solar systems based on what is now known from the
existence of so-called exoplanets in our galactic neighbourhood.

These simulated alien worlds were then subjected to a number of different
scenarios.

The first assumed that it is difficult for life to be formed but easy for it
to evolve, and suggested there were 361 intelligent civilisations in the
galaxy.

A second scenario assumed life was easily formed but struggled to develop
intelligence. Under these conditions, 31,513 other forms of life were
estimated to exist.

The final scenario examined the possibility that life could be passed from
one planet to another during asteroid collisions - a popular theory for how
life arose here on Earth.

That approach gave a result of some 37,964 intelligent civilisations in
existence.

Form and function

While far-flung planets may reduce uncertainty in how many Earth-like
planets there are, some variables in the estimate will remain guesses.

For example, the time from a planet's formation to the first sparks of life,
or from there to the first intelligent civilisations, are large variables in
the overall estimate.

For those, Mr Forgan says, we will have to continue to assume Earth is an
average case.

"It is important to realise that the picture we've built up is still
incomplete," said Mr Forgan.

"Even if alien life forms do exist, we may not necessarily be able to make
contact with them, and we have no idea what form they would take.

"Life on other planets may be as varied as life on Earth and we cannot
predict what intelligent life on other planets would look like or how they
might behave."

=== citat slut ====

Med venlig hilsen,
Mogens Kall, The servant of Michael, the *fool* of Christ.
--
Coming up news: Iran hit by a meteor. Iran is no more (Jer.49,34- Jos.10,11)
Last OUTPUT: 8409 news:gmfgke$20dt$1...@newsbin.cybercity.dk