Biography of Mohammad by an Arab named Ali Sina:

Steen Johansen

Aug 5, 2008, 5:26:14 PM8/5/08
Biography of Mohammad by an Arab named Ali Sina:
To understand Muslims, one must understand their prophet. Muslims
worship and emulate Muhammad. Islam is Muhammadanism. Only by
understanding him can one know what makes them tick.
Understanding Muhammad is a psychobiography of Allah’s Prophet. It
seeks to unveil the mystery of that man. Historians tell us Muhammad
used to withdraw to a cave, spending days wrapped in his thoughts. He
heard bells ringing and had ghostly visions. He thought he was demon
possessed, until his wife reassured him he had become a prophet.
Convinced of his status, he was intolerant of those who rejected him,
assassinated those who criticized him, raided, looted, and massacred
entire populations. He reduced thousands to slavery, raped, and
allowed his men to rape female captives. All of this, he did with a
clear conscience and a sense of entitlement.
He was magnanimous toward those who admired him, but vengeful toward
those who did not. He believed he was the most perfect human creation
and the universe's raison d'être. Muhammad was no ordinary man. He was
a narcissist.
Understanding Muhammad, ventures beyond the stories. Focusing on the
"why" rather than the "what," it unravels the mystique of one of the
most enigmatic and influential men in history.
Muhammad believed in his own cause. He was so certain of the reality
of his hallucinations that he expected everyone to believe too. He
would make his Allah indignantly ask “What! Do you then dispute with
him [Muhammad] as to what he saw?” (Q.53:12) This is psychopathology.
Why should others believe in what he saw? Wasn't it up to him to prove
what he saw was real? Only a narcissist expects others to believe in
his claims without asking for evidence.
Muhammad was an orphan. Spurned by his mother in his infancy and left
in the care of a Bedouin couple, he had a loveless childhood. He then
passed to the care of his grandfather and uncle who took pity on him
and spoiled him. Not receiving love at a time he needed unconditional
love and not receiving discipline when he needed to learn about
boundaries, he developed narcissistic personality disorder, a trait
that made him a megalomaniac bereft of conscience. He fantasized about
unlimited power, expected praise and admiration, believed he was
special, and expected others to believe him and go along with his
ideas and plans. He took advantage of others, was jealous, yet
believed others were jealous of him, and was extremely hurt when
rejected, even killing those who deserted him. He lied and deceived,
feeling entitled and justified in doing so. All these are traits of
narcissistic personality disorder.
Thanks to another mental illness, temporal lobe epilepsy, the prophet
of Islam had vivid hallucinations he interpreted as mystical and
divine intimations. When he claimed he heard voices, saw angels and
other ghostly entities, he was not lying. His problem was that he
could not distinguish reality from fantasy.
He also suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder, causing his
fixations on numbers, rituals and stringent rules. This explains why
he lived such an austere life and why his religion is filled with so
many absurd rules.
[[[[ If you think Islamic terrorism is a new phenomenon, think again.
Islam owes its success to terrorism. The prophet of Islam boasted, “I
have been made victorious with terror". [Bukhari: 4.52. 220] Since the
day Muhammad set foot in Medina, he started his campaign of terror.
His followers have been doing the same ever since]]]].
Muslims are intolerant, supremacist, bullies, and violent. They are
highly inflammable and can explode if they are not treated
preferentially and with respect. At the same time, they abuse others
and violate the rights of people of other faiths. This is
psychopathology. In the later years of his life Muhammad was affected
by acromegaly, a disease caused by excessive production of a growth
hormone, resulting in large bones, cold and fleshy hands and feet and
coarse facial features such as enlarged lips, nose and tongue.
Acromegaly occurs after the age of 40 and usually kills the patient in
his early 60s. It causes impotence, while it increases libido. This
explains Muhammad's sexual vagaries in his old age and why in the
later years of his life he had such an insatiable craving for sex. He
would visit all his 9 wives in one night to touch and fondle them,
without being satisfied. His impotence explains his insecurity,
paranoia, and intense jealousy of his young wives. He ordered them to
cover themselves, lest other men would cast a lusting eye on them.
Today, half a billion Muslim women veil themselves, because Muhammad
was impotent. Muhammad's illnesses explain a lot of mysteries of
Islam.
The combination of all these psychological disorders and his unusual
physiognomy made Muhammad a phenomenon that set him apart from
ordinary people. His uneducated followers interpreted his differences
as signs of his prophethood. Like devotees of all cults, they rose to
champion his cause with dedication. By defying death and butchering
others they made Islam the world's second largest religion, now the
biggest threat to world peace and the survival of human civilization.
Why is it important to know Muhammad? Because over a billion people
try to be like him and do as he did. Consequently, the insanity of one
man is bequeathed to all his followers. It is by understanding him
that we can see through them, and be able to predict these
unpredictable people.
We live in a dangerous time. When a fifth of humanity worships a
psychopath, eulogizes suicide bombing and thinks killing and martyrdom
are ultimate acts of piety, the world becomes a dangerous place. When
these people acquire the atomic bomb, the earth becomes a powder keg.
Islam is a cult. It is time for mankind to wake up and realize that
this cult is a threat to mankind and there can be no co-existence with
Muslims. As long as Muslims believe in Muhammad, they are a threat to
others and to themselves. Muslims must either leave Islam, leave their
culture of hate and join the rest of mankind as fellow humans, or non-
Muslims must separate themselves from them, ban Islam, end the
immigration of Muslims and send home those who plot against democracy
and refuse to integrate.
Islam is incompatible with democracy. It is a warring creed that uses
democracy to destroy it and to establish itself as a world wide
dictatorship. The only way to avert the clash between this barbarity
and civilization, a world disaster, is to expose the fallacy of Islam
and demystify it. Muslims must be weaned from Islam for humanity to
live in peace.
Understanding Muhammad is imperative for both Muslims and non-Muslims.
This book makes that task easy.
________________
Ali Sina is the author of Understanding Muhammad: A psychobiography of
Allah’s Prophet [ISBN: 978-0980994803]. He is the founder of
faithfreedom.org, the organ of the movement of ex-Muslims that tries
to unveil the truth about Islam to the world and help Muslims leave
it, abandon their culture of hate and join mankind in amity.
=====================

Who Authored the Qur’an?—an Enquiry by an Arab named Abul Kasem
Email: abu...@hotmail.com
This article delves into the very authorship of the Holy Qur’an. It is
a new way of looking at the Holy Qur’an. An enquiry is made using
logical reasoning and historical references on the authorship of the
Qur’an. Thus, this methodology is totally opposed to the blind
believers who accept the authenticity of the Qur’an unquestionably. By
analysing, dissecting and carefully interpreting the contents of the
Qur’an, the Ahadith (Muhammad’s traditions) and Sirah (Muhammad’s
biography) the author has identified several parties who had
undoubtedly contributed to the composition of the Qur’anic verses. It
was not Allah who wrote the Qur’an; it was not even Muhammad alone who
did this either. The Qur’an is not the creation of a single entity or
a single person. There were several parties involved in the
composition, scribing, amending, inserting and deleting the Qur’anic
verses. The most important personalities involved in the creation of
the Qur’an were: Imrul Qays, Zayd b. Amr, Hasan b. Thabit, Salman,
Bahira, ibn Qumta, Waraqa and Ubayy b. Ka’b. Muhammad, himself, was
involved in the make-up of a limited number of verses, but the most
influential person who motivated Muhammad in the invention of Islam
and the opus of the Qur’an, perhaps, was Zayd b. Amr who preached
‘Hanifism’. Muhammad later metamorphosed Zayd’s ‘Hanifism’ into Islam.
Therefore, the assertion that Islam is not a new religion stands to be
true. However, the important finding is that the Qur’an is definitely
not the words of Allah—it is a human-made scripture which Muhammad
simply passed up as Allah’s final words to mankind. Another important
aspect of this essay is that among the ancient religions that the
writers of the Qur’an incorporated in it, perhaps the practices of the
Sabeans is crucial. In fact, the rituals of 5 prayers and the 30-day
fasting were actually adapted from the Sabeans. Qur’an, thus, is a
compilation of various religious books that existed during Muhammad’s
time. Muhammad, not Allah, simply adopted, picked and chose from
various sources and created the Qur’an. While many parties contributed
to the Qur’an, Muhammad became its chief editor—to say it plainly.
Introduction
According to Islam, questioning the Allah’s absolute authorship of the
Qur’an is a serious blasphemy. A Muslim may face death sentence simply
for nurturing an atom of doubt on Qur’an’s authenticity. The Qur’an is
above all. Nothing in the creation of Allah is holier than the Qur’an.
However, human being what he is—ever inquisitive, I started doubting
Qur’an’s authorship in my very childhood--when I was introduced, in a
very formal manner, in the recitation of this Holy Scripture. I spent
a couple of years learning a few introductory verses under the
tutorship of a local ‘Hujur’ (Islamic religion teacher) in the local
mosque. This ‘Hujur’ taught the Qur’an to a group of us by holding a
rattan cane that looked quite shiny as he used to oil the cane every
day before his ‘Murid’ (learners) arrived in the mosque. I can vouch
that none of us ever liked to study the Qur’an—it was the most boring
and the most painful task during our childhood. We simply memorised
like parrots certain verses without understanding a single word of
them The ‘Hujur’ also did not know the meanings of those verses.
Whenever we asked any question about any verse, the answer was a few
stroke of the cane from the ‘Hujur’. The learning of the recitation of
the Qur’an became associated with corporeal punishment and child-
abuse. Thus, we developed a deep disdain towards the Qur’an recitation
in particular and a profound dislike for the Mullahs in general.
Later, after I left my university and started working, a colleague of
mine presented me with a copy of the English translation of the Holy
Qur’an by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. My colleague was a diehard ‘Tabligi’ (a
religious proselytiser) and exhorted me to read the translation
carefully. He vouched that after I had comprehended the true messages
of the Holy Scripture my life would change for ever—for the better, he
insisted. Reluctantly, I started to read the English translation—verse
by verse, passage by passage. The more I read, the more I was shocked,
disturbed, astonished, bewildered and resentful. I could not believe
that a book which is supposed to be the handiwork of the most
compassionate, the most merciful and the most forgiving Allah could
contain such a terrible amount of hate, terror, call for murder, war,
vengeance and most of all a blanket plea for the destruction of all
those who do not subscribe to the Qur’anic view of the world. Of
course, there were a few verses which were very poetical, beautifully
crafted, rhythmic and sometimes rich in spirituality. Apart from this
handful ‘good’ stuff I found the vast part of the Qur’an simply
nonsensical and not-to-talk about those incriminating verses exhorting
the believers to murder and wage an unrelenting war (Jihad) against
the unbelievers. I started questioning: How could a merciful,
compassionate Allah write such a cranky book that is nothing more than
a trash and an ultimate manual of terror, war and plunder? When my
‘Tabligi’ colleague asked me how I was doing with the Qur’an, I simply
told him I was doing fine—elaborating further that I discovered plenty
of new astonishing materials in the Qur’an which I never thought
existed in it. He simply smiled and said, “The Qur’an is wonderful,
isn’t it?” I replied, “You said it! It is mind-boggling, no doubt.”
A few years later, I started to ponder deeply on the Qur’an. Using the
works of other translators, as well as the Tafsirs (explanation), I
read and re-read the Holy Scripture--several times to make sure that
what they translated and explained were absolutely correct. The more I
learned about the Qur’an the more I became distraught, disturbed and
angry—angry, because I felt that I was utterly let down by a killer
religion which was imposed on me due to my birth. The stuff I read in
the Qur’an jolted me so much that I wanted to find the answer to my
perennial question—‘Who really authored the Qur’an?’ It took me a long
time and many years of painstaking work to arrive at the answer to
that question. This article tries to answer that question. I had been
planning this essay for a long time, and now, after writing it I feel
it is for you to ponder too—‘Who authored the Qur’an?’
During my investigative phase I found that a lot of people were
involved in the compilation and the construction of the Qur’an.
Unknown to the vast majority of Muslims, and buried deep inside the
Qur’an, Ahadith and Sirah there are copious evidence to reject, out of
hand, the contention that the Qur’an is the creation of Allah. Making
Allah the author of the Quran, I think, is the prime lie perpetrated
on mankind for more than a millennium. We can, with certainty, say
that it was not even Muhammad alone who authored the Qur’an. In fact,
the major part of the Qur’an was either composed by or inspired and
written by a few other individuals. The most notable among them were:
Imrul Qays—an ancient poet of Arabia who died a few decades before
Muhammad’s birth
Zayd b. Amr b. Naufal—an ‘apostate’ of his time who preached and
propagated Hanifism
Labid—another poet
Hasan b. Thabit—the official poet of Muhammad
Salman, the Persian—Muhammad’s confidante’ and an advisor
Bahira—a Nestoraian Christian monk of the Syrian church
Jabr—a Christian neighbour of Muhammad
Ibn Qumta—a Christian slave
Khadijah—Muhammad’s first wife
Waraqa—Khadijah’s cousin brother
Ubay b. Ka’b—Muhammad’s secretary and a Qur’an scribe
Muhammad himself
There were other parties involved too. They were:
The Sabeans
Aisha—Muhammad’s child bride
Abdallah b. Salam b. al-Harith—a Jewish convert to Islam
Mukhyariq—a Rabbi and another Jewish convert to Islam
Of course, my list of the possible authors of the Qur’an is not
exhaustive. There may be many other parties involved that I might not
have even heard of. But for a concise discussion the above list should
be ample enough, I guess. In this article I have simply enumerated the
contribution of the above sources in the authorship of the Qur’an.
Now, to understand the Qur’an and its writer/s, we must, first of all,
recognise the background of Muhammad, purportedly the ultimate and the
best creation of Allah.
The Pagan origin of Muhammad
It is an absolute fact that Muhammad was born of pagan parents. His
father, Abdullah and his mother, Amina were both pagans and they used
to worship many idols. His entire childhood (probably up to his teen)
was spent in paganism. To day, many Muslims will find it extremely
hard to digest this fact. However, Muhammad’s pagan origin is
disclosed by Hisham ibn al-Kalbi. On page 17 of his important work,
Kitab al-Asnam (The Book of Idols) he writes (Hisham al-Kalbi, Kitab
al-Asnam, p.17):
‘We have been told that the Apostle of God once mentioned al-Uzza
saying, “I have offered a white sheep to al-‘Uzza, while I was a
follower of the religion of my people.” ‘
In the statement above Muhammad clearly admits of his past adherence
to paganism—the then religion of the Quraysh.
Initially, Muhammad even eulogized the important gods (or idols) of
the pagans by agreeing with the Quraysh at some point that these gods
were the intercessors of Allah. On the same page Hisham ibn al-Kalbi
writes:
The Quraysh were wont to circumambulate the Ka’bah and say:
By Allat and al-‘Uzza,
And Manah, the third idol besides.
Verily they are the most exalted females
Whose intercession is to be sought.
These were also called “the Daughters of Allah,” and were supposed to
intercede before God. When the Apostle of God was sent god revealed
unto him [concerning them] the following:
053.019 Have ye seen Lat. and 'Uzza,
053.020 And another, the third (goddess), Manat?
053.021 What! for you the male sex, and for Him, the female?
053.022 Behold, such would be indeed a division most unfair!
053.023 These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and
your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever).
They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!-
Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord!
(Hisham ibn al-Kalbi, ‘Kitab al-Asnam,’ p.17)
When Muhammad became an adult and started to attend the annual
assembly of poets at Ukaz he was deeply impressed and moved by the
thoughts, eloquence, sentiment, freethinking and humanism expounded by
many of those poets. He started questioning the idol-worshipping and
began to start preaching a new concept of one God, the creator—similar
to the concepts of the Jews and the Christians of that time.
Nonetheless, he was confused as to which God ought to be his God.
Allah, a deity (a moon god--that is why the symbols placed at every
mosque is a crescent moon) at that time, was the supreme God of the
pagans. Their only fault was that besides Allah, they also used to
worship, as the intercessors for Allah, the supreme, other smaller
gods/goddesses like: Hubal, Al-lat, Al-Uzza, Manat…etc. So, in the
beginning of his new concept of an almighty creator, Allah was out of
his mind. Besides, at that time the magicians, the soothsayers, the
sorcerers, and even the Satan worshippers used to vow by Allah. Thus,
Muhammad found it utterly despicable to make Allah his God (ilah).
During those pagan days the people of Yemen used to worship another
deity whose name was Ar-Rahman. Muhammad, for a while, adopted the
name Ar-Rahman for God in place of Allah. Coincidentally, Ar-Rahman
was also the Jewish word Rahmana which was a name for God in the
Talmudic period (Noldeke: The Koran, The Origins of the Koran, p.53).
Muhammad cleverly thought that by using the word Ar-Rahman he ought to
be able to attract to his new ‘religion’, the Jews as well as some
pagans. Please note that nowhere in the Qur’an Allah says that He has
99 additional names including Ar-Rahman.
So, when he declared himself to be the messenger of Ar-Rahman, the
Meccans, too, were at a loss and confused. The Meccans did not know of
any Ar-Rahman other than the Ar-Rahman of al-Yamamah (some writers say
Ar-Rahman was at Yemen ). To verify Muhammad’s claim the Quraysh sent
a delegation to Medina Jews, as they thought that Ar-Rahman, truly,
was a deity in Yemen or Yamamah. Islamic Historian Ibn Sa’d (Ibn Sa’d,
vol.i, pp.189-190) writes:
“The Quraysh sent al-Nadr Ibn al-Harith Ibn ‘Alaqamah and ‘Uqbah Ibn
abi Mu’ayt and others to the Jews of Yathrib and told them to ask them
(Jews) about Muhammad. They came to Medinah and said to them (Jews):
We have come to you because a great affair has taken place amidst us.
There is a humble orphan who makes a big claim, considering himself to
be the messenger of al-Rahman, while we do not know any al-Rahman
except the Rahman of al-Yamamah. They said: Give the description
before us. They gave his description, on which they asked them who
were his followers. They said: The lowly people among us. Thereupon a
scholar of from them laughed and said: he is the Prophet whose
attributes we find mentioned in our Scriptures; we also know that his
people will be most inimical to him.”
When we read, with an unbiased mind, the first 50 Suras (in
chronological order) of the Qur’an we note Muhammad’s confusion
regrading Lord, Allah and Ar-Rahman. He was quite unsure of whom he
should consider as his God (ilah). Here is a summary of the first 50
Suras regarding Muhammad’s idea of his God:
Only Lord—68, 92, 89, 94, 100, 108, 105, 114, 97, 106, 75 (11 Suras)
Ar-Rahman, Lord—55, 36 (2 Suras)
Ar-Rahman, Allah, Lord—20
Allah, Lord—96, 73, 74, 81, 87, 53, 85, 50, 38, 7, 72, 25, 35, 56, 26,
27, 28, 17 (18 Suras)
This demonstrates Muhammad’s initial vacillation, confusion and
ignorance of the affairs of his God (ilah).
The Qur’an also confirms that when he started to preach his brand of
faith Muhammad was lost, confused and did not know much of religion.
Here is what the Qur’an writes:
Muhammad was lost, then Allah guided him…93:7
093.007 And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance.
In the past Muhammad was heedless…12:3, 42:52
012.003 We do relate unto thee the most beautiful of stories, in that
We reveal to thee this (portion of the) Qur'an: before this, thou too
was among those who knew it not.
042.052 And thus have We, by Our Command, sent inspiration to thee:
thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and what was Faith; but
We have made the (Qur'an) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our
servants as We will; and verily thou dost guide (men) to the Straight
Way ,-
So, how did Muhammad learn the basics of his new religion? Enter Imrul
Qais and Zayd Ibn Amr.