How to change ordering of m2m-fields in newforms-admin?

1 view

spacetaxi

Jul 8, 2008, 8:35:31 AM7/8/08
to Django users
Hello all,

maybe there are some newforms-admin experts out there:

What's the right way to change the ordering of ManyToMany-fields
(displayed as select widgets) in newforms-admin? I need to change the
ordering *without* changing the respective model class.

Background: The default ordering of the contrib.auth User class was
removed from trunk (see ticket #6089). But I need an ordererd user
selection widget for my ManyToMany-fields relating to the User class.

BTW, how can I replace the default widget for a specific field to be
used in the newforms-admin form? I didnt't find any docs on this.

Regards
-Stephan