Helsinki area djangonauts: Let's meet up

Jukka Välimaa

Nov 6, 2009, 5:18:35 AM11/6/09
to Django users
Hello all,

Let's have a get-together for Django programmers who live in Helsinki
area, or just happen to be nearby.
We can probably have some pretty interesting conversations. At the
very least, we'll get to meet other users of this
most excellent framework.

The meeting place is Kaisla, and time is two weeks from now, Thu
19.11, starting at 18:00.

How does this sound?

--Jukka

fordprefect

Nov 6, 2009, 6:59:10 AM11/6/09
to Django users
This leads me to a slightly off-topic question...I've been out of
Finland for a while and thinking of moving back.

How much has Django made an impact in Finland ? When I was working
there in 2007 it was barely a blip on the radar. It it quite a popular
choice now for Finnish startups ?

jeremias.kangas

Nov 6, 2009, 8:23:30 AM11/6/09
to Django users
Hi, I'll be at the meetup, good idea.

Don't know anything about Finnish django-scene, I have just been doing
my own project. Many of my friends are doing something with ruby on
rails. And of course there are lots of guys doing .NET/java/php.

- Jeremias

P.S. you can check my Finnish django project at http://www.vannehaku.fi

Yaggo

Nov 6, 2009, 7:43:42 AM11/6/09
to Django users
> The meeting place is Kaisla, and time is two weeks from now, Thu
> 19.11, starting at 18:00.

Count me in.

--
Jaakko, django-hobbyist
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jholster

Jusso

Nov 6, 2009, 8:01:04 AM11/6/09
to Django users
On Nov 6, 12:18 pm, Jukka Välimaa <valimaa.ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does this sound?

Sounds great. I currently have some plans for the date you picked, but
I'll definitely try to attend.

- Juuso.

Marek Pietrucha

Nov 7, 2009, 7:05:40 AM11/7/09
to Django users
Hey Friends!

I would love to attend :) I just don't know if I can make it to
Kaisla. I'm and exchange student in Turku University of Applied
Sciences. Is the place of the meetup certain? Could you guys consider
moving it to the oldest city of great Finland - Turku ?

Best Regards!
MP

Jukka Välimaa

Nov 7, 2009, 5:49:18 PM11/7/09
to django...@googlegroups.com
Good to have people signing up. There'll also be some mates of mine who're coming, and likely there will be people who don't participate in this thread. We should have a decent number of people there.

I don't know about the status of Django in Finnish startups. Maybe I'll know more after the meeting.

We won't be moving this particular meeting of Helsinki area djangonauts to Turku, nuh-uh.

Lynoure

Nov 8, 2009, 2:12:01 PM11/8/09
to Django users
On Nov 6, 12:18 pm, Jukka Välimaa <valimaa.ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The meeting place is Kaisla, and time is two weeks from now, Thu
> 19.11, starting at 18:00.
>
> How does this sound?

Count me in, too.

--
Lynoure

Ismail Dhorat

Nov 8, 2009, 4:27:28 PM11/8/09
to django...@googlegroups.com
Snap, looks like i will totally miss this. Just got back from Helsinki
last week,
Would have been totally awesome meeting other djangonauts and if the
meetup was like 2 weeks earlier ;)

Did meet the guys behind scred(who are djangonauts), and a few geeks
at Barcamp Helsinki, which was awesome.....

Looking forward to hearing what happens....

Regards,
Ismail
http://twitter.com/ismail

akaihola

Nov 9, 2009, 4:25:00 AM11/9/09
to Django users
Count me in. Also sent the message to three djangonauts I know who are
not on djangopeople.

Jukka Välimaa

Nov 23, 2009, 12:16:09 PM11/23/09
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The meet-up was a success, and we had good time. At the meet-up we decided to set up a group for djangonauts in Finland, so that it won't be necessary to spam django-users with local stuff any more. So, if you're a djangonaut living in Finland, or otherwise interested, do join up

--Jukka