Cant locate problem with trunk: 'ModelForm' object has no attribute '_meta'

Martin

Jan 2, 2011, 1:36:28 AM1/2/11
to Django users
Hey,

could someone have a look at this, I updated to Django trunk and face
some problems.

I get the error message ' 'ModelForm' object has no attribute
'_meta''. But the traceback doesn't have any position of my own code
inside. Only Django internal function calls. So I don't really know
how to locate the issue.

This is all I get when I load my site: http://dpaste.com/293197/
Tried to reproduce it in the shell by importing all models, views,
urls, etc. but nothing.

Could someone point out where I should look at?

Thank you for your time! :)
Best regards
Martin

Ramiro Morales

Jan 2, 2011, 11:12:10 AM1/2/11
to django...@googlegroups.com

Could you please try again but rolling back your Django trunk installation to
revision 14991?.

I've been seeing similar errors after the changes to template rendering
implemented in r14992 but I've been unable to point the exact reason and how
to solve them. an additional, independent case would be of help.

Thanks,

--
Ramiro Morales

Martin

Jan 3, 2011, 9:56:32 AM1/3/11
to Django users

> Could you please try again but rolling back your Django trunk  installation to
> revision 14991?.

Hi Ramiro,

thank you for your help. It's funny cause I rolled back to 15000 to
check :/ . It works fine with 14991.
With trunk I was able to locate the error-cause down to a url tag of
my template. Hope it helps to solve this Django issue. Too deep for
me, but let me know if I can provide you with more information.

If I remove this from my template, everything is fine: {% url
profile_overview %}
Url is defined as following:
In my main urls.py:

urlpatterns+= patterns('',

(r'^account/', include('foo.pluggables.userprofile.urls')),

userprofile/urls.py:

urlpatterns = patterns('',
url(r'^profile/$', overview, name='profile_overview'),

The function overview can be empty, doesn't affect the error.

Hope that helps you somehow.

Martin

Martin

Jan 6, 2011, 6:39:50 AM1/6/11
to Django users
I added my case to this Django ticket. As far as I can tell its
related to the changes mentioned there.
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15025