Using Psycopg2 on Windows

James Walmsley

Aug 13, 2009, 7:17:46 AM8/13/09
to Django users
Hi,

I'm trying to get started with Django, and everything was going
wonderfully until I tried to use models (and I had to set up
postgreSQL).

I've installed psycopg2 from the provided compiled binaries, but when
I run:

manage.py runserver

I get the following errors:

Error loading psycopg2 module: DLL load failed: The applicatio has
failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Please see the application event log for more detail.

The application event log in Vista says:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages
\psycopg2\_psycopg.pyd". Dependent Assembly
Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"
could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Any help would be appreciated, I also tried to build psycopg2 from
source, build I still get a DLL load fail.

James

James Walmsley

Aug 14, 2009, 10:08:09 AM8/14/09
to django...@googlegroups.com
Just in case anyone happens to be still wrestling with this problem.
There was something wrong with the latest build of Psycopg2, which
stopped it all working.

Simply install an earlier version, (2.0.10 works great), even with
PostgreSQL 8.4.x series.

James

Piotr Czapla

Sep 4, 2009, 10:24:56 AM9/4/09
to Django users
Thanks James !

walty

Sep 20, 2009, 9:15:44 PM9/20/09
to Django users
hi, you may also try to install the visual C++ 2005 redistributable
package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

have a nice day
walty