My blog is now Django -- source is available

nate-...@refried.org

Aug 22, 2006, 9:11:23 AM8/22/06
to Django users
Since so many people are developing their own blogs in Django, I thought
it would be good to announce that the source code to mine is now
available. Mine is probably of most interest to people migrating from
COREBlog or other Zope blogging software.

Browse: http://refried.org/viewvc/viewvc.py/refriedorg
svn co http://refried.org/svn/refriedorg

My implementation is a very simple, multi-user blog. The most important
feature to me was a complete migration from COREBlog. I was able to
import all of my COREBlog entries, with images and comments.

My to do list includes:
- style the comment form
- More blog centric admin interface
- show unapproved comments
- Make retagging entries easy
- Ability to preview the entry while editting
- Photo manager and gallery

Nate

P.S. I also have Jacob's sudoku app ported to magic-removal in there.

Tim Shaffer

Aug 22, 2006, 9:20:14 AM8/22/06
to Django users
It looks like some of your views are very simple and could use generic
views, if you wanted.

def home(request):
return render_to_response('home.html')

could use django.views.generic.simple.direct_to_template

def entry(request, entry_id):
e = get_object_or_404(Entry, pk=entry_id)
return render_to_response('blog/entry.html', { 'entry': e })

could use django.views.generic.list_detail.object_detail

nate-...@refried.org

Aug 22, 2006, 10:24:11 AM8/22/06
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 06:20:14AM -0700, Tim Shaffer wrote:
> It looks like some of your views are very simple and could use generic
> views, if you wanted.
>
> def home(request):
> return render_to_response('home.html')
>
> could use django.views.generic.simple.direct_to_template

I was leaving room for making that a more complex view later, but I may
never get to that.

> def entry(request, entry_id):
> e = get_object_or_404(Entry, pk=entry_id)
> return render_to_response('blog/entry.html', { 'entry': e })
>
> could use django.views.generic.list_detail.object_detail

I do. I probably can remove all of those views.

Nate