FileField problems. uplaoded files overwritten

abe

Jun 26, 2006, 9:28:14 AM6/26/06
to Django users
hi,

I've made a protocol model with attachments and comments
(see below)

The idea is that you can add an arbitrary number of attachment
in the protocol part of the admin interface

if I open a new protocol admin page there a section with

Attachment #1
Document: [empty-text-box] [browse-button]

I browse to a file and press 'Save and continue editing'
then the attachement shows up at attachment #1
and there's a attachment #2 section

Attachment #1
Document: Currently: protocols/file1.pdb
Change:
Attachment #2
Document:

Now if I browse to a second file and press 'Save and continue editing'
again, my first file gets replaced by the second, so I see.

Attachment #1
Document: Currently: protocols/file2.pdb
Change:
Attachment #2
Document:

and file1 is even gone from the opload dir.

what am I doing wrong???

-abe

from django.db import models
import datetime

class Protocol(models.Model):

title = models.CharField(maxlength=600,blank=True)
author = models.CharField(maxlength=600,blank=True)
category = models.CharField(maxlength=600,blank=True)
version = models.CharField(maxlength=100,default='1.0',blank=True)
text = models.TextField(maxlength=6000,blank=True)

submission_date = models.DateTimeField('date
submitted',auto_now_add=True,null=True)
modification_date = models.DateTimeField('date
modified',auto_now=True,null=True)

class Admin:
list_display =
('title','version','category','submission_date','modification_date')
search_fields = ('category','title')
fields = (
(None, {'fields': (
('title','version','author'),
('category'),
('text'),
)}
),
('Date information', {'fields': (
('submission_date','modification_date'),
), 'classes': 'collapse'}
),
)
save_as=True
save_on_top=True

class Meta:
pass

def __repr__(self):
return "'%s %s v%s"%(self.category,self.title,self.version)

#def count_comments(self):
# return len(self.objects.all())

class Comment(models.Model):

protocol = models.ForeignKey(Protocol,edit_inline=models.TABULAR,
num_in_admin=1,num_extra_on_change=1)
title = models.CharField(maxlength=600,blank=True,core=True)
author = models.CharField(maxlength=600,blank=True,core=True)
text=models.TextField(maxlength=6000,blank=True,core=True)

class Admin:
pass

class Meta:
pass

def __repr__(self):
return self.title

class Attachment(models.Model):

protocol = models.ForeignKey(Protocol,edit_inline=models.STACKED,
num_in_admin=1,num_extra_on_change=1)
document = models.FileField(upload_to='protocols/',core=True)

class Admin:
fields = (
(None, {'fields': (
('protocol','document'),
)}
),
)
pass

class Meta:
pass

def __repr__(self):
return '%s: %s'%(self.protocol,self.document)

Gacha

Jul 24, 2006, 8:56:21 AM7/24/06
to Django users
I got the same problem :( edit inline doesn't work propertly