Exceptions in FileUploadHandlers

mwebs

Aug 28, 2008, 5:14:10 PM8/28/08
to Django users
I wrote a custom FileUploadHandler to process uploaded data on the
fly.
My problem is that there are no exceptions raised.

No matter if I am referencing a variable before I assign it, or if I
do something like raise Exception(). The server seems to get stuck.
The Exception does not bubble to the surface.

For me it looks like a bug?!
Any experiences or ideas? otherwise I will open a ticket.

Thanks,Toni

Karen Tracey

Aug 28, 2008, 5:47:41 PM8/28/08
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hmm, I actually saw that behavior yesterday when I (unintentionally) uploaded to a full disk.  I thought the write was hanging but actually it is generating an exception.  I've expanded the scope of the ticket I opened yesterday reporting this:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/8622

Karen