I can't start new project

Varrant

Dec 27, 2011, 9:01:21 AM12/27/11
to Django users
Hello,

I have installed python 2.7 and Django 1.3.1, but when I type:

"django-admin.py startproject project"

I receive only something like 'help' for that command

How can i fix it?

I already tried reinstalling Python and Django...

Hassan

Dec 27, 2011, 9:24:22 AM12/27/11
to Django users
What is your Operating System ?

Varrant

Dec 27, 2011, 9:28:00 AM12/27/11
to Django users
Windows 7 64

Andre Terra

Dec 27, 2011, 9:27:06 AM12/27/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
My bet is that you're using Windows.

Open the Registry Editor (hit Winkey+R, "regedit" (no quotes), hit enter)

---

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\python.exe\shell\open\command
and check that it looks somewhat like '"PYDIR\\python.exe" "%1" %*'

If you're missing the final %*, it won't work.

---

A different, one-time solution is to type the full paths in your command-line:

C:\Python27\python.exe C:\path\to\django-admin.py startproject foobar

Also google for virtualenv and start using it!

Cheers,
AT

Varrant

Dec 27, 2011, 9:44:55 AM12/27/11
to Django users
In registry % was missing, but nothing changed.

"One time solution work's nice :D

I'll lookfor virtualenv

Thanks for help :)

Andre Terra

Dec 27, 2011, 10:07:40 AM12/27/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
It's not just %, it's %* (notice the asterisk).

I just tried changing the value back and forth here and it worked as expected.

Cheers,
AT

yati sagade

Dec 27, 2011, 12:48:39 PM12/27/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
AT,
and they say hackers belong only to Linux :P Good job!