too many options error when launching sqlite3 dbshell

John Yeukhon Wong

Oct 22, 2010, 9:47:46 PM10/22/10
to Django users
I have django 1.2.3.0 Final

In my setting, I have 'sqlite3' filled for the DATABASE_ENGINE.
I am able to work with the sqlite3 until I am told that I need to
access python manage.py dbshell

At first I got the error "sqlite3 is not recongized...."
Then I read threads and I found that this can be solved by downloading
the exe file and set the environment variable path on Windows (I am on
XP Pro)

I used this approach instead
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/msg/cf0665c227030ae2?

Now when I access python manage.py dbshell, I am getting

[[[
C:\Documents and Settings\JohnWong\workspace\mysite\mysite>python
manage.py dbsh
ell
sqlite3: Error: too many options: "Settings\JohnWong\workspace\mysite
\sqlite.db"

Use -help for a list of options.
]]]
I tried with --database=name_of_my_db and still no luck

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

John Yeukhon Wong

Oct 23, 2010, 11:15:08 PM10/23/10
to Django users
Problem solved. SQLite will chop the path of the sqlite.db... so
instead moved to "C:\\sqlite.db" will solve the problem.