open source disk monitoring application written with Django

Noah Gift

Jan 14, 2007, 3:18:10 PM1/14/07
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just wanted to let people know that I have started an open source django web application called diskbot.  It is version 0.1a, very raw right now!

"Diskbot is a realtime disk monitoring webapp written in django that monitors file system usage for a local machine or a whole network of machines in real time. Other soon to be included features are file system analysis and reporting such as file duplication, ten largest files, and historical trends."

You can get to the diskbot home page here:

http://code.google.com/p/diskbot/

You can get the svn trunk here:

http://diskbot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Please make sure you read the README.txt first.  And if you have any questions or want to contribute please join the developer discussion group:

http://groups.google.com/group/diskbot-dev/topics

There is quite a bit of work to do as the only views that work are /disk_report and /admin, but I plan on doing quite a bit of work in the next 6 months.  Please be kind as this is my first open source project and I am using it get better at both python and django!  There is quite a bit of code that could be written in a better way, I am sure :)

Thanks,

Noah Gift

coulix

Jan 15, 2007, 6:34:42 AM1/15/07