Django CMS

Robert

Aug 17, 2008, 7:00:16 AM8/17/08
to Django users
Hello,

I need to create a simple website and so have searched for some django
cms app.. found the following:

django-simplepages
django-simplecms
django-page-cms

All available at google code hosting.

Has anyone played with these ? What are your opinions ?

Thanks,

Robert

Martin Diers

Aug 17, 2008, 7:48:58 AM8/17/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
At one point I looked at them all. They are all very primitive, but
that's a good thing. In the end, I made my own because I didn't care
for the specific mix of functionality nor/or their coding style. I
wanted hierarchical pages, friendly urls, templates in the DB, rich
text editor with the ability to use template tags, global content
blocks, a generic article system for news or blogs, and syndication
support.

Thing is, it is so easy to build a CMS in Django, that you might find
it better to write your own, particularly if you want to customize it
to your liking later.