Donate to Django

Michael Trythall

Jun 11, 2008, 1:27:20 PM6/11/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
I've been working with Django a lot lately and while I can't contribute to the code base until my project is done, I can contribute money.

Is there a way to send money to Django developers to help with development costs, staff, etc? Do the developers have any wish lists I can look through? Maybe a helpful book they'd like to read would be a nice gift...

Thanks,

Michael Trythall

RKnobelspies

Jun 11, 2008, 1:51:33 PM6/11/08
to Django users
Well, Djangoproject is in progress of establishing a foundation and
after the paperwork is done (maybe it´s done already), you should
probably be able to contribute money "the official way".

Until then I´m aware of one wishlist by Malcolm Tredinnick, who
deserves our greatest appreciation for his immense contributions to
Django

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=1VB5A16R2KV0T

Gene Campbell

Jun 11, 2008, 9:54:02 PM6/11/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
I, too, intend to donate (money, and hopefully time) as soon as I can.

--
Picante Solutions Limited
e: ge...@picante.co.nz

Russell Keith-Magee

Jun 12, 2008, 8:42:11 AM6/12/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Michael Trythall <mtry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been working with Django a lot lately and while I can't contribute to
> the code base until my project is done, I can contribute money.

We are in the process of setting up a Django Foundation that will be
able to accept donations.

> Is there a way to send money to Django developers to help with development
> costs, staff, etc? Do the developers have any wish lists I can look through?
> Maybe a helpful book they'd like to read would be a nice gift...

We're all volunteers, so there's no staff to pay; to the best of my
knowledge, hosting (which is our only capital cost) is donated.
However, it would be nice to be able to organize conferences, offset
some travel expenses for sprints etc - hence the desire to get a
foundation in place.

As for wish lists - here's my Amazon list:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=1YI5X0C01D2NB

This one is for a Jacob Kaplan-Moss in Lawrence, Kansas (how many can there be?)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=TKLLYB890FW3

and this one is an Adrian Holovaty in Chicago:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=2MW1D1APOFJCJ

and this one is Malcolm Tredinnick:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=1VB5A16R2KV0T

Yours,