IE9 and dev server errors

TheIvIaxx

Sep 17, 2010, 7:11:31 PM9/17/10
to Django users
Hello all, I just downloaded the IE9 beta to see if everything worked
as expected. However when going to 127.0.0.1 with IE9 using the
django dev server, i get:

[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
host

Not sure what is going on. Any ideas?

Thanks

Prashanth

Sep 18, 2010, 2:14:39 AM9/18/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Are you using windows? Try disabling the firewall. Make sure about the port as well.

--
regards,
Prashanth

Ramiro Morales

Sep 18, 2010, 8:02:40 AM9/18/10
to django...@googlegroups.com

Does this cause any functional problem at all? Or simply.
is that error message printed to the console?

--
Ramiro Morales  |  http://rmorales.net

Shamail Tayyab

Sep 18, 2010, 8:15:59 AM9/18/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   I too face this problem, in my case its necessarily IE6, haven't tested with other IE's.
I am using MacOSX snow leopard on python 2.5.4 and what I get is a BrokenPipe exception.

Once I get this, the server does not continue, unless I start it again manually.

As a work around, I've set up mod_python and set MaxRequestsPerChild to 1 Apache directive, is this a recommended practice? Also, can I use the same in case of mod_wsgi?

Thanks and regards

Shamail Tayyab
Blog: http://shamail.in/blog

TheIvIaxx

Sep 20, 2010, 12:07:13 PM9/20/10
to Django users
The server will hang once this occurs. Seems to only happen with ajax
requests though. Also, when it occurs, if I go into Internet Options
> Connection > LAN settings and simply hit Ok, then it finishes the
request. I dont change anything, just open the settings and hit ok.
No proxy stuff in there.

Chrome uses the same network stack as IE, i thought, so i'm not sure
what the deal is.

IE's even more painful to develop for :)

BozoJoe

Nov 13, 2010, 7:04:11 PM11/13/10
to Django users
Here's my stack trace

[13/Nov/2010 16:01:55] "GET /accounts/login/ HTTP/1.1" 200 6544
Exception happened during processing of request from ('127.0.0.1',
2223)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 284, in
_handle_request_noblock
self.process_request(request, client_address)
File "C:\Python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 310, in process_request
self.finish_request(request, client_address)
File "C:\Python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 323, in finish_request
self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\core\servers
\basehttp.py", line 562, in __init__
BaseHTTPRequestHandler.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Python27\lib\SocketServer.py", line 639, in __init__
self.handle()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\core\servers
\basehttp.py", line 602, in handle
self.raw_requestline = self.rfile.readline()
File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 445, in readline
data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host