Getting 'specified module cannot be found' error when synching model to DB

Charlie

Dec 15, 2010, 2:12:31 PM12/15/10
to Django users, warm...@pobox.com
I've set up a PostgreSQL/PostGIS spatial database, and created
settings and model files for a new project. When I try to synch the
model with the DB, I get the following error message (last lines
only):

File "c:\Python26\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 355, in __init__
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

I ran a print statement in the __init__py file and found that the
module they're referring to is kernel32. Can anyone provide any
insight into this?

Thanks in advance.

W. Craig Trader

Dec 16, 2010, 12:24:07 AM12/16/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you have a Windows and/or Python path problem.  The DLL that's being loaded (kernel32.dll?) isn't on the Windows path (or in the Python lib directory) when Python is attempting to load it.  Certainly nothing to do with Django.  What version of Python are you using?

- Craig -