No module named urls

tsorin

Aug 5, 2008, 10:40:15 AM8/5/08
to Django users
ImproperlyConfigured at /admin/
Error while importing URLconf 'django.contrib.admin.urls': No module
named urls

after updating to 8211

Karen Tracey

Aug 5, 2008, 10:46:51 AM8/5/08
to django...@googlegroups.com

...from........?  It sounds like you updated from something prior to the newforms-admin merge.  Whenever (preferably before, so you don't get surprised) you update you should check the backwards-incompatible page (http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges) for adjustments you may need to make to your code to account for changes since the last time you updated.

Karen

srn

Aug 5, 2008, 10:58:06 AM8/5/08
to Django users
Sorry, my mistake
I've changed my code an it works now

Thank you

tooper gao

Aug 14, 2008, 6:42:15 PM8/14/08
to Django users
how can you change it ? and I have this errors too.

Karen Tracey

Aug 14, 2008, 6:48:16 PM8/14/08
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:42 PM, tooper gao <gaot...@gmail.com> wrote:

how can you change it ? and I have this errors too.

For the specific error mentioned by the original poster, it's the first change noted here:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges#Mergednewforms-adminintotrunk

that is, the change in urlconfs.  There will be more changes needed in your code, to move admin declarations out of the model classes, all documented there.

Karen

Geir Gunnarsson

Sep 11, 2008, 9:52:14 AM9/11/08
to Django users
Hi,

This same error materialized in another way in my case. It said:

Caught an exception while rendering: Tried change_stage in module
django.contrib.admin.views.main. Error was: 'module' object has no
attribute 'change_stage'

I spent half a day figuring this out with the help of this thread. It
turned out that the cause, in my case, was because I missed a pre-1.0-
style admin entry in
an urls.py that was included in the main urls.py.

My problem was solved as soon as I changed that to the 1.0 preferred
way as specified in:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial02/#activate-the-admin-site

Just thought I'd post this as an addition to this thread in case
anyone else has the same problem.

-geir