Tests for contrib.flatpages

Bjunix

Mar 26, 2010, 9:42:06 AM3/26/10
to Django users
Hi all,

I am looking for tests for the flatpages app. I can't find any. Do I
miss something or ships django without tests for flatpages?

Russell Keith-Magee

Mar 26, 2010, 11:02:16 AM3/26/10
to django...@googlegroups.com

You're not missing anything; for historical reasons (specifically,
that flatpages was written before Django gained a full testing
framework), there aren't any tests for flatpages.

If someone wants to contribute some, they would be most welcome. There
isn't much that needs testing, but there are a couple of edge cases
that are worth validating.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

Bjunix

Mar 26, 2010, 12:06:05 PM3/26/10
to Django users
Thanks for your answer,

I created a ticket for this here:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/13219

I am new to testing django apps, but maybe I'll have a try on some
tests for flatpages.

On Mar 26, 4:02 pm, Russell Keith-Magee <freakboy3...@gmail.com>

faldridge

Mar 26, 2010, 1:38:22 PM3/26/10
to Django users
Bjunix:

Before you get too far on this, please see the note I attached to your
ticket (cross-referencing ticket #6932). There has already been some
work done on this issue, and I'd hate for you to waste any time re-
duplicating effort.

Bjunix

Mar 26, 2010, 8:14:07 PM3/26/10
to Django users
Thanks for the hint. I'll have a look at this ticket.