Django AMF

Tomohiro Otsuka

Nov 26, 2006, 6:49:50 AM11/26/06
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I released today Django AMF, which is a Middleware
for Django. It enables Flash/Flex applications to
invoke Django's view functions using AMF(Action Message Format).

http://djangoamf.sourceforge.jp/index.php?DjangoAMF_en
http://djangoamf.sourceforge.jp/index.php?UserManual_en
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/djangoamf/

If you take interest in Django and Flash/Flex,
please try to use it. Any feedback is welcome.

voltron

Nov 26, 2006, 7:28:50 AM11/26/06
to Django users
This is great! I´ll try it out as soon as possible

Clint74

Nov 26, 2006, 8:44:11 AM11/26/06
to Django users
I think this must be a great alternative to AJAX for RIA.
I was looking for this kind of solution since Adobe release Flex 2.0
SDK for free.

Tank's Tomohiro Otsuka for sharing

Condredge

Nov 27, 2006, 3:01:18 PM11/27/06
to Django users
Oooh, sweetness! Now I can switch over my RIAs from CF into
Python/Django - very nice Tmohiro!

Will this work with Flash MX 2004?

Tomohiro Otsuka

Nov 27, 2006, 11:45:05 PM11/27/06
to django...@googlegroups.com
Condredge,

> Oooh, sweetness! Now I can switch over my RIAs from CF into
> Python/Django - very nice Tmohiro!
>
> Will this work with Flash MX 2004?

Django AMF supports AMF version 0 which is used by Flash
Remoting components. So with the components correspondent
to your Flash IDE version, it would work.
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashremoting/downloads/components/

Condredge

Nov 28, 2006, 11:25:00 AM11/28/06
to Django users
Tomohiro,

Great! Thanks!

Tomohiro Otsuka

Jan 10, 2007, 1:20:51 AM1/10/07
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I released new version of Django AMF.
Now it supports AMF3 format which is the default
serialization used for ActionScript 3.0.

Django AMF is a middleware for Django. It enables Flash/Flex
applications to invoke directly Django's view functions
using AMF(Action Message Format).

Condredge

Jan 12, 2007, 7:25:16 PM1/12/07
to Django users
Tomohiro,

Excellent work on this!

Do I need to get the new version if I'm only use AS 2?

Condredge

Jan 12, 2007, 7:40:38 PM1/12/07
to Django users
I'm having some trouble getting this to work...

Do you know if it works with the Development version of Django (which
I'm using) or only version 0.95?

Tomohiro Otsuka

Jan 14, 2007, 6:10:01 AM1/14/07
to django...@googlegroups.com
Condredge,

> Excellent work on this!

Thanks!

> Do I need to get the new version if I'm only use AS 2?

You don't need to get the new version, but
I recommend you to use the new one bacuase
some minor bugs were fixed.

> Do you know if it works with the Development version
> of Django (which I'm using) or only version 0.95?

I don't know if it works with the development version.
I only confirmed that Django AMF 0.3 works with version 0.95.

I would appreciate it if you post the troubles to
the support forum or tracker on the project site.
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/djangoamf/

Tomohiro Otsuka

Apr 6, 2007, 9:21:52 AM4/6/07
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I released new version of Django AMF.

Now it comes with a user authentication system.
You can integrate Django's authentication framework into
Django AMF application.

Because of my poor English, the document might be difficult
to understand. If you have any question, email me in easy
English :-)