A pylint plugin to find strings that haven't been passed through _/ugettext

Rory McCann

Mar 31, 2011, 8:40:12 AM3/31/11
to Django internationalization and localization
Hi all,

After my last tool to find untranslated strings in templates (
http://www.technomancy.org/python/django-template-i18n-lint/ ), I've
created a plug-in for pylint that will look at all the strings in your
python code and find the ones that probably should be in _/ugettext and
provide a warning if they aren't.

I had to i18n a large django project, and had to add _() to all the
strings, so I wrote this tool to find all the strings I've missed. It's
quite a repetitive, monotonous task, and I risked missing out on some
strings. This tool is a great way to help prevent mistakes.

The code is available here:
http://www.technomancy.org/python/pylint-i18n-lint-checker/

The code is on github as well, so feel free to download/fork/patch.

Hope that helps,

Rory

signature.asc