Haystack 1.2 released

Daniel Lindsley

May 3, 2011, 5:04:18 PM5/3/11
to django-haystack
Everyone,

Haystack v1.2.0 is out in the wild (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/
django-haystack/1.2.0). There are no backward incompatibilities in
this release that I'm aware of. Just over five months since the
release of v1.1 & 36 commits in size.

New features:

* N-gram based (autocomplete) search is now available on the Solr &
Whoosh backends.
* The Whoosh backend has been updated to be compatible with Whoosh
1.8.X.
* You can now switch out the ``SearchResult`` class to be used in
results.
* The api has been unified to use ``boost`` everywhere.
* Whoosh now supports field boosting.
* ``SearchIndex`` grew ``read_queryset`` support, allowing you to
display results even if a ``Model`` has an overridden default manager.
* The ``__in`` filter now accepts ``ValuesListQuerySet``. No more
converting to a list first.

Of note is that the 1.2.X will be the last of the Haystack 1.X
series. I've started work on Haystack v2.0, the biggest feature of
which will be multiple index support (think multidb in Django). This
is a big one & there should be experimental support generally
available by next week. Enjoy!

Daniel

hellboy

May 5, 2011, 4:30:23 AM5/5/11
to django-haystack
Is there gibts backwards incompatible changes between 1.1 and 1.2?

Between 1.2.x and 2.0?

Thank you.

Daniel Lindsley

May 5, 2011, 11:09:57 PM5/5/11
to django-...@googlegroups.com
hellboy,

As far as I know, there are no backward-incompatibilities between
1.1 & 1.2. No one has reported anything that I've seen & I take care
to try to not break things.

There will be backward-incompatible changes between 1.2 & 2.0. I'm
using it as a chance to clean up some pain points & make things
better. There will be a documented migration path for moving from 1.2
to 2.0 once I get closer to release time.

Daniel

Craig de Stigter

May 26, 2011, 1:32:07 AM5/26/11
to django-haystack
Hi

I've found one incompatibility with 1.1. SearchIndex.get_queryset()
has been renamed to index_queryset().

If you've overridden get_queryset() on a custom index, you'll need to
rename your overridden method to index_queryset() also, otherwise it
won't get called by the management commands.

Craig

Daniel Lindsley

May 26, 2011, 11:50:56 PM5/26/11
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Craig,

Ah, that is a problem. I'm out of time tonight. Can you please file
an issue on it & I'll get a fix out tomorrow night? Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Lindsley

May 28, 2011, 3:56:41 AM5/28/11
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Craig,

This should be fixed with the release of Haystack 1.2.4. Please
test & let me know.

Daniel

Sanuel Ayodele

Mar 9, 2012, 5:01:14 PM3/9/12
to django-...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to rebuild_index, so after inputting manage.py rebuild-index , I'm getting:

Removing all documents in your index because you said so.
fail to clear Solr index: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

What I'm I doing wrong?