Whoosh

Daniel Lindsley

May 6, 2009, 11:07:23 AM5/6/09
to django-haystack
Everyone,

One of the people using Haystack (patrys on IRC) has done some
extensive debugging with Whoosh after encountering the locking/missing
index file errors. The outcome of this is that there are some big
threading issues with Whoosh and it's use in Haystack. This occurs in
several environments (prefork for patrys, wsgi for me). I'm looking
into an alternate way to run Whoosh (as a daemon instead of in-
process) and will update everyone as I make progress one way or
another.

Daniel

Patryk Zawadzki

May 6, 2009, 11:21:08 AM5/6/09
to django-haystack
On 6 Maj, 17:07, Daniel Lindsley <polarc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The outcome of this is that there are some big
> threading issues with Whoosh and it's use in Haystack. This occurs in
> several environments (prefork for patrys, wsgi for me).

Actually it works nicely with threading but breaks when preforking. If
you use:

manage.py runfcgi ...

to start your applications, make sure you make it threaded:

manage.py runfcgi method=threaded ...

Then whoosh backend should work fine.

srini

May 13, 2009, 8:16:42 AM5/13/09
to django-haystack
Hi, Daniel

I am using haystack with backend whoosh and it's running fine
but i am likely to do following things,

well like in google search engine i need spell check facilities ie:

if you type wrong keyword such as "dictiory" instead of typing
"dictionary" then it will show ,

Did you mean: " Dictionary "

Is it possible to do this using Haystack

Thank you,

Daniel Lindsley

May 13, 2009, 10:21:48 AM5/13/09
to django-...@googlegroups.com
srini,

This was suggested on the mailing list awhile back
(http://groups.google.com/group/django-haystack/browse_thread/thread/3099da0df4a298b/4588bf4c72664cd5?lnk=gst&q=spelling#4588bf4c72664cd5).
I've added an issue for it (#35) and will look into it in the near
future.

Daniel