ANN: 1.0.X branch created; trunk is open for features

Jacob Kaplan-Moss

Sep 29, 2008, 11:45:08 AM9/29/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks --

I've created the 1.0.X branch
(http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/branches/releases/1.0.X),
which means the trunk is now open for features. Please read
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/release-process/ for
more information about what this branch is. For the record, here are
the important bits:

- Commits must be cleanly separated between bug fixes and feature additions.

- Bug fixes must be applied both to trunk and to the 1.0.X branch.

- Whenever possible, improvements to documentation should do the same.

Karen Tracey is the 1.0.X release maintainer; she'll be keeping an eye
out to make sure that this happens correctly.

Jacob

Richard Davies

Oct 1, 2008, 5:07:31 AM10/1/08
to Django developers
Great!

Perhaps it's now time for a '1.0.1' milestone in the ticket tracker,
to nominate those tickets which are simple bug fixes against '1.0'?

Clearly still too early for '1.1' milestone, etc, given that there's a
different process started for that....

Cheers,

Richard.

James Bennett

Oct 1, 2008, 3:54:38 PM10/1/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Richard Davies
<richard...@elastichosts.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it's now time for a '1.0.1' milestone in the ticket tracker,
> to nominate those tickets which are simple bug fixes against '1.0'?

No.

Right now any bug at all that was present in 1.0 is a candidate for fixing.

Seriously, people, cool it for a while (where by "a while" I mean "at
least a couple months") about the milestones, OK? They're only useful
when we're getting close to a release, and we're not going to be close
to a release for a while.