newforms: [] not in EMPTY_VALUES

webograph

Apr 13, 2007, 3:03:00 PM4/13/07
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i noticed that [] is not in the EMPTY_VALUES against which data is
validated in newforms fields' default clean() function; this makes
fields which usually return lists raise the ValidationError 'This field
is required.' themselves instead of relying on super(). an example of
this behavior is the MultipleChoiceField (newforms/fields.py:376).

is this intended behavior or just a leftover from some earlier stage?
why isn't the boolen representation used instead? (`if self.required and
not value:` instead of `if self.required and value in EMPTY_VALUES:`)?

regards
webograph

Michael Radziej

Apr 16, 2007, 7:16:27 AM4/16/07
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi webograph,

I cannot say whether it's right or wrong since I haven't done anything with
newforms (yet). From what you write, it looks like a but. Would you mind
opening a ticket on the ticket system, so that this doesn't get lost
accidentally?

So long,

Michael

--
noris network AG - Deutschherrnstraße 15-19 - D-90429 Nürnberg -
Tel +49-911-9352-0 - Fax +49-911-9352-100

Vorstand: Ingo Kraupa (Vorsitzender), Joachim Astel, Hansjochen Klenk -
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Stefan Schnabel - AG Nürnberg HRB 17689

webograph

Apr 16, 2007, 10:21:20 AM4/16/07
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
filed in trac as ticket #4051