Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Jacob Kaplan-Moss

no leída,
15 sept 2008, 7:44:29 a.m.15/9/2008
para django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks --

I've just posted
(http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/msg/5392fc2481fd703c)
an RFC on Django's release process.

The following is a proposed 1.1 release schedule using the above
process. Obviously if the process changes the 1.1 release will change,
but let's assume for the sake of this thread that the release process
RFC is accepted. Given that, I'm looking for feedback on the dates
proposed below:

Django 1.1 Schedule
===================

We'll release Django 1.1 the week of March 16th, 2009. This is a
six-month release schedule; we've got a set of features (model
validation, ORM aggregation) that are nearly done, and even these
features alone would make a compelling release.

Given that final target date, below are the rest of the dates for the
1.1 release cycle. These are +/- a couple of days as needed.

* September 15, 2008: feature proposal phase begins.

* November 10, 2008: draft 1.1 feature list posted.

* November 15, 2008: final 1.1 feature list posted; work phase begins.

* January 15, 2009: work phase ends; all open branches must be merged,
major feature freeze for 1.1, and any incomplete features will be
postponed.

* January 20, 2009: Django 1.1 alpha.

* February 15, 2009: complete feature freeze for 1.1; only bug fixes
allowed after this point.

* February 20, 2009: Django 1.1 beta.

* March 10, 2009: String freeze for Django 1.1.

* March 12, 2009: Django 1.1 rc 1.

* March 16-20, 2009: Django 1.1

Proposing features for 1.1
==========================

To propose features for 1.1, make a post on django-dev, and add a link
to your message at
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Version1.1Features.

Jacob

Marc Fargas

no leída,
15 sept 2008, 8:03:08 a.m.15/9/2008
para django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss
<jacob.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> * September 15, 2008: feature proposal phase begins.
>
> * November 10, 2008: draft 1.1 feature list posted.
>
> * November 15, 2008: final 1.1 feature list posted; work phase begins.

I'd add a "Dead line for submitting features" a bit before 11/10th so
people know where the last minute is, otherwise I'll submit #6735 a
minute before you post the first draft... hehhe ;)))

Joking, I'll submit it one of those days ;)

Marc
--
http://www.marcfargas.com - will be finished someday.

alex....@gmail.com

no leída,
15 sept 2008, 1:07:48 p.m.15/9/2008
para Django developers
I really like the schedule. And while I understand that March seems
like quite a long way off from now, from november to february really
isn't that much time(especially not after you factor in all the
holidays). One thing i do think is that it would be important to push
aggregation into the trunk as soon as humanly possible for 2 reasons.
a) It's as close to being ready as something of it's size can be
without already being in trunk, and b) It lets people who want to get
aggregation, but not quite want to run bleeding edge, grab an SVN
checkout of the aggregates revision and then hold off on upgrading
until 1.1.

On Sep 15, 8:03 am, "Marc Fargas" <teleni...@telenieko.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos