session backed form wizard

1 view

David Durham, Jr.

Sep 24, 2008, 7:36:09 PM9/24/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I posted a patch for django.contrib.formtools.wizard that adds a
SessionWizard class. I'd like to know if there's any interest in
apply this or a similar patch, and if so I'll work on tests and
documentation.

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9200

Thanks,
Dave

Eduardo O. Padoan

Sep 24, 2008, 10:13:33 PM9/24/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com

I see this pattern a lot, and I guess it will be quite useful - I was
just thinking about writing someting like this class myself.
I have marked the ticked as "Need Docs" and "Need tests", and the status as DDN.

> Thanks,
> Dave

Best,

--
Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
http://djangopeople.net/edcrypt/

David Durham, Jr.

Sep 26, 2008, 4:09:34 PM9/26/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
>> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9200
>
> I see this pattern a lot, and I guess it will be quite useful - I was
> just thinking about writing someting like this class myself.
> I have marked the ticked as "Need Docs" and "Need tests", and the status as DDN.

So I'm working on tests for this, and I can see the pattern for
writing tests by looking at django.contrib.formtools.tests.py, but I
don't see what the infrastructure is, if any, for running these tests.
The documentation here doesn't seem to have the info I need

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/testing/

Thanks,
Dave

David Durham, Jr.

Sep 26, 2008, 10:29:29 PM9/26/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
> So I'm working on tests for this, and I can see the pattern for
> writing tests by looking at django.contrib.formtools.tests.py, but I
> don't see what the infrastructure is, if any, for running these tests.
> The documentation here doesn't seem to have the info I need
>
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/testing/

I did find more information here:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/

But this method appears to only run the tests in tests, not the tests
in django/contrib/formtools/tests. Is that correct? If so, is there
a different means of running tests in a tests.py file within a
package?

Thanks,
Dave

David Durham, Jr.

Sep 26, 2008, 10:35:02 PM9/26/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM, David Durham, Jr.
<david.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did find more information here:
>
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/
>
> But this method appears to only run the tests in tests, not the tests
> in django/contrib/formtools/tests. Is that correct? If so, is there
> a different means of running tests in a tests.py file within a
> package?

Nevermind. I see the reference to testing contrib apps in the contributing doc.

-Dave

David Durham, Jr.

Oct 3, 2008, 1:56:21 PM10/3/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm pretty much done with what I plan to do with this ticket:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9200

Unless anyone else has comments or suggestions that could improve its
chances of actually making it into contrib.

Thanks,

Dave