Ticket disposal

Peter Sagerson

Mar 2, 2010, 5:28:50 PM3/2/10
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I submitted a patch[1] for 1.2 which was not accepted and almost certainly won't be in the future. This is perfectly fine, but it would be nice to get the bug closed wontfix so we have some closure (people are still adding themselves to the cc field). I just moved it to the 1.2 milestone with the intention that it would get swept up in a 1.2 cleanup, but that was apparently not the correct approach, as it was immediately reverted. The documentation is clear that I can't close it myself. As it stands, this ticket threatens to linger indefinitely. Can anyone advise on the correct procedure here?

Thanks,
Peter

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11526

Joseph Kocherhans

Mar 2, 2010, 5:53:39 PM3/2/10

On Mar 2, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Peter Sagerson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I submitted a patch[1] for 1.2 which was not accepted and almost certainly won't be in the future. This is perfectly fine, but it would be nice to get the bug closed wontfix so we have some closure (people are still adding themselves to the cc field). I just moved it to the 1.2 milestone with the intention that it would get swept up in a 1.2 cleanup, but that was apparently not the correct approach, as it was immediately reverted. The documentation is clear that I can't close it myself. As it stands, this ticket threatens to linger indefinitely. Can anyone advise on the correct procedure here?

Hey Peter. Did you ever end up making an external project for your LDAP patch? If you did, it would be cool to have a link to it in the ticket. I think a third party project is the best place for it. Feel free to close the ticket and point to this thread or say "because jkocherhans said so" in the comments. Pinging django-dev is probably the best way to handle stuff like this.

I hope you have created or do create a project for it since there is obviously interest. but since it can live outside of Django itself just fine, it probably should. Sorry I didn't reply to you message awhile back [1].

Thanks,
Joseph

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/msg/8b354ab4e5d4724b

Peter Sagerson

Mar 2, 2010, 6:31:37 PM3/2/10
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Joseph.

I agree it works well as an external project. It's been on pypi for a little while[1] and I added the link again to the bottom of the (now closed) ticket. Incidentally, #2507[2] is a rather old and dusty ticket on the same subject.

Thanks,
Peter

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-auth-ldap/
[2] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2507