List of Backwards-compatible changes...

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

jedie

ungelesen,
22.07.2008, 14:37:5422.07.08
an Django developers
There exist the gread wiki page: http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges
I think it would be nice if there is the same list for Backwards-
compatible changes, too.

Sometimes i find some parte in the documentation and wonder, woops
this must be new.
OK, on the main Documentation page every new stuff market bold
"New:"... And we have the weblog and "this week in django"...
But a Backwards-compatible changes list with a TOC is IMHO more well
arranged. So i can good see, what's is new for _me_.

Mfg.

Jens Diemer

Malcolm Tredinnick

ungelesen,
22.07.2008, 14:43:2722.07.08
an django-d...@googlegroups.com

You mean the thing that is displayed by "svn log"? Or
http://code.djangoproject.com/timeline/ :-)

Seriously, every time somebody says "wouldn't it be great if ...", the
answer is "yes, feel free to do it and it will be appreciated." It takes
a ton of work to keep that sort of thing up to date. Editing even the
backwards-incompatible changes page is a massive pain. Creating TWID is
an impressive effort from Michael and Brian each week. You're asking for
us to do even more work in a time when everybody is very busy. You might
find somebody who wants to do this, but realise that it's a lot of work.

Regards,
Malcolm

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor