Upgrading Trac?

Julien Phalip

Nov 18, 2008, 12:20:30 AM11/18/08
to Django developers
I know that this is likely to be a tricky/boring task and that it is
probably low-priority since we're on the way to 1.1, but I thought at
least I'd ask: Is there any plan in the short/mid term to upgrade
Trac?

My personal itch is that the current version (0.10.4) doesn't allow
email obfuscation. I now exclusively use RSS feeds to track tickets
but in the early days I used to use the CC field. And that has been
the cause of an ongoing and significant amount of spam. Email
obfuscation is available since version 0.11 [1].

That's my main concern about Trac but maybe someone else will bring up
other good features that would justify an upgrade.

Again, I understand it's low-priority and I won't push for it too
hard.

Cheers,

Julien

[1] http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ReleaseNotes/0.11

Jacob Kaplan-Moss

Nov 18, 2008, 12:39:31 AM11/18/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Julien Phalip <jph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that this is likely to be a tricky/boring task and that it is
> probably low-priority since we're on the way to 1.1, but I thought at
> least I'd ask: Is there any plan in the short/mid term to upgrade
> Trac?

Every time I've upgraded Trac in the past it's been a major pain in
the ass and eaten up a couple-three days of my time. And the 0.10 to
0.11 upgrade looks like it'll be even worse.

So yeah, at some point I'll do the upgrade -- there's a new features
we could take advantage of, and in general 0.11 is better than 0.10 in
about every way -- but it'll have to wait until I can spare the time.

Jacob