ANN: Please welcome Django's new release manager!

2 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Jacob Kaplan-Moss

neskaityta,
2007-01-19 17:40:412007-01-19
kam: django-d...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks --

Please join me in welcoming James Bennett as Django's release manager!

James is going to be taking over the job of pushing out official releases.
This makes a lot of sense as he's been maintaining the -bugfixes branches already.

Along with that, we'll be putting out two release over the next week-ish:

* A 0.95.1 release, which is just 0.95 + a few vital security/bug fixes (the
LazyUser one comes to mind). This is mostly for the convience of people
packaging Django; most people should update to 0.96 instead.

* A 0.96 release, taken from trunk. This is part of the push to 1.0; shortly
after 0.96 we're going to be applying some backwards-incompatible changes to
trunk (more on that later).

James is going to get 0.95.1 out as soon as he can, and we'll aim for .96
early next week. I'll be reviewing all the "ready for checkin" tickets this
weekend and will apply any that fix bugs that *must* be fixed before 0.96.

Thanks again, James!

Jacob

telenieko

neskaityta,
2007-01-19 18:18:112007-01-19
kam: django-d...@googlegroups.com
Welcome James as RM!!!

On 1/19/07, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <ja...@jacobian.org> wrote:
[...]

d...@simon.net.nz

neskaityta,
2007-01-19 22:26:042007-01-19
kam: Django developers
Excellent, the bugfixes branch should clear up a number of issues (e.g.
[1]), there aren't many people better for the job than J.B.
Congratulations!

-- Simon G.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/f1e342fe89a7eff2

James Bennett

neskaityta,
2007-01-19 22:50:462007-01-19
On 1/19/07, si...@simon.net.nz <d...@simon.net.nz> wrote:
> Excellent, the bugfixes branch should clear up a number of issues (e.g.
> [1])

That's already been patched, and I'm rolling 0.95.1 right now :)

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-- George Carlin

Deryck Hodge

neskaityta,
2007-01-19 23:34:502007-01-19
kam: django-d...@googlegroups.com
On 1/19/07, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <ja...@jacobian.org> wrote:

> Howdy folks --
>
> Please join me in welcoming James Bennett as Django's release manager!

Indeed! Welcome as release manager, James!

Cheers,
deryck

Jeff Forcier

neskaityta,
2007-01-20 11:30:202007-01-20
kam: Django developers
Congrats, James! Nobody better for the job, says I :)

Atsakyti visiems
Atsakyti autoriui
Persiųsti
0 naujų pranešimų