newforms-admin branch has been merged into trunk

Brian Rosner

Jul 18, 2008, 8:01:52 PM7/18/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com, django...@googlegroups.com
I have just recently merged the newforms-admin branch into trunk as of
r7967 [1]. This is an extremely backward incompatible change. The
entire admin application in contrib has been refactored. The newforms
module has a few new features, but those changes are backward
compatible. The branch also converted django.contrib.auth to use
newforms. I have documented these changes in the usual place [2].

I would like to thank Karen Tracey for her tremendous work triaging
tickets, finding the root of problems and supplying patches where
needed. Also, on behalf of the core developers involved with the
branch we would like thank everyone who has tested the branch and
reported bugs. Without your hard work and contribution we couldn't
have made Django this much better without you! Thanks.

Bugs should no longer be marked with version 'newforms-admin' as the
branch is now closed.

Onward to 1.0!

[1]: http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/7967
[2]: http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges

Brian Rosner
http://oebfare.com

Julien Phalip

Jul 18, 2008, 8:14:06 PM7/18/08
to Django developers
Thanks Brian, Karen and all the NFA team for this massive
contribution!!

Don Spaulding

Jul 18, 2008, 8:22:43 PM7/18/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Giggidy giggidy.

Rudolph

Jul 19, 2008, 4:44:06 AM7/19/08
to Django developers
Wow, thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved! This is really
awesome!

I'll update the Dutch translations soon. And I'll have to start
preparing my company's 30+ Django projects for this change... ;)

Rudolph