sprinting on the multiple-db-support branch?

Daryl Spitzer

Mar 16, 2008, 11:21:31 PM3/16/08
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I'll be here at PyCon in Chicago through Thursday, ready to
participate in my first Django sprint. (I'm quite new to Django, but
I'm a seasoned programmer with a reasonable amount of experience in
Python. I'm pretty good at sitting down and figuring things out on my
own.)

Would it be worthwhile for me to sprint on the multiple-db-support branch?

It appears (from
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/branches/multiple-db-support)
that it hasn't been updated for at least a year. I read the thread
http://tinyurl.com/2fb7ln and learned that back on 2007-06-28 Ben Ford
got the branch merged with the trunk (up to rev 5559). Adrian
suggested that he host an unofficial branch on Tom's Mercurial mirror
at http://hg.korpios.com/django.trunk/. But there's no indication
that happened. (I emailed Ben Ford separately.)

I welcome any advice, even if it's "see if you can merge the branch
with the trunk yourself" or "just stay away from that branch".

--
Daryl Spitzer

Jacob Kaplan-Moss

Mar 17, 2008, 10:55:14 AM3/17/08
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Daryl Spitzer <daryl....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be worthwhile for me to sprint on the multiple-db-support branch?

Yes. Find me and we'll talk about it!

Jacob