manytomany and the save() problem

hadaraz

Jun 10, 2009, 5:15:11 AM6/10/09
to Django developers
I need to override the save_m2m() method on some admin add & change
views I have. Looking through this list and django-users, I see it's
an ongoing problem for many people. As I understand it, the post_save
signal fires /before/ save_m2m() is called, and overriding the
save_model() method is not much help, because save_m2m() will be
called afterwards with the original values of the form.
My question: Why not make a method, just like the save_model()
method, which saves the m2m info and can be overridden if needed? Is
there a way around it if this suggestion is no-go?

hadaraz