ANNOUNCE: django-attachments (or, We finally have a project!)

Tom Tobin

Oct 22, 2008, 10:56:40 PM10/22/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com
At our meeting today, we finally settled on a project to work on: a
generic file attachments framework, allowing one to attach a file to
any object. Towards this end, we've set up a few appropriate pieces:

A GitHub repository for django-chicago projects (although note that
there's no code here yet):

http://github.com/korpios/django-chicago/tree/master

A Google Group / mailing list:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-attachments

A Google Code project for issue/bug tracking (*not* for code hosting):

http://code.google.com/p/django-attachments/

We also have a channel on irc.freenode.net at #django-chicago — feel
free to drop by!

As for working on GitHub, I just came across a forking guide for open
source projects that explains things better than I'm sure I did today:

http://blog.insoshi.com/2008/10/14/setting-up-your-git-repositories-for-open-source-projects-at-github/

As for anything pertaining specifically to the new project, please use
the new mailing list for discussion; if anyone wants to be walked
through some basic git steps, feel free to drop me an email or catch
me on IRC. :-)

Milan Andric

Oct 23, 2008, 12:36:25 AM10/23/08
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks for sending this out Tom!