dashboard question

ionut cristian cucu

Aug 14, 2010, 7:12:44 AM8/14/10
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
Hello list,
I customized my first dashboard like so: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/250028/,
but when I added Group, the site gets rendered weird:
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8148/djangositeadmin12817724.png.
Could you please help me find what have I done wrong?
Thanks!

David Jean Louis

Aug 14, 2010, 7:58:05 PM8/14/10
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
Le 14/08/2010 13:12, ionut cristian cucu a �crit :

Hi,

that's weird, maybe try resetting dashboard preferences,
assuming you use the mysql backend:

$ python manage dbshell
mysql> truncate admin_tools_dashboard_preferences;

Tell us if it did the trick.

Regards,

--
David

ionut cristian cucu

Aug 15, 2010, 1:18:02 AM8/15/10
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
2010/8/14 David Jean Louis <izim...@gmail.com>:
Well actually it did! Thanks!

Alex Robbins

Aug 16, 2010, 10:14:34 AM8/16/10
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
I've had this happen to me too. Basically, every time you modify your
dashboard.py file (or wherever you define your dashboard class) you
should reset your dashboard preferences table. Since the underlying
schema changes, the preferences that are saved for the old schema
become junk.

Maybe we should code some kind of change detection, and automatically
delete preferences that don't work any more. Not sure how you'd
implement it.

Alex

David Jean Louis

Aug 16, 2010, 10:51:49 AM8/16/10
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
Le 16/08/2010 16:14, Alex Robbins a �crit :

> I've had this happen to me too. Basically, every time you modify your
> dashboard.py file (or wherever you define your dashboard class) you
> should reset your dashboard preferences table. Since the underlying
> schema changes, the preferences that are saved for the old schema
> become junk.
>
> Maybe we should code some kind of change detection, and automatically
> delete preferences that don't work any more. Not sure how you'd
> implement it.
>
> Alex

Yeah, same here...
At least we could provide a management command and a warning in the docs.

Regards,

--
David

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:18 AM, ionut cristian cucu
> <cuci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/8/14 David Jean Louis<izim...@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> Le 14/08/2010 13:12, ionut cristian cucu a �crit :

ionut cristian cucu

Aug 16, 2010, 1:43:21 PM8/16/10
2010/8/16 David Jean Louis <izim...@gmail.com>:

> Le 16/08/2010 16:14, Alex Robbins a écrit :
>>
>> I've had this happen to me too. Basically, every time you modify your
>> dashboard.py file (or wherever you define your dashboard class) you
>> should reset your dashboard preferences table. Since the underlying
>> schema changes, the preferences that are saved for the old schema
>> become junk.
>>
>> Maybe we should code some kind of change detection, and automatically
>> delete preferences that don't work any more. Not sure how you'd
>> implement it.
>>
>> Alex
>>

> Yeah, same here...
> At least we could provide a management command and a warning in the docs.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> David
Well for me a warning would have been enough. Thanks again for the help!