Problem with admin_tools.menu

yvess

Jan 18, 2011, 11:12:01 AM1/18/11
to django-admin-tools
Hello

I can't get the the admin_tools.menu working. The modules admin_tools
and admin_tools.dashboard are working.
I get a DatabaseError.

Here is the error:

Caught DatabaseError while rendering: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
59 <ul id="navigation-menu">
60 {% for item in menu.children %}{% admin_tools_render_menu_item
item forloop.counter %}{% endfor %}
61 </ul>

"{% for item in menu.children %}" is highlighted

Enviroment:
python 2.5.5
django 1.2.4
django admin tools 0.4.0 also tried the dev version same result.
postgres database

Am I missing something (I followed the docmentation) ?
I also tried to setup a custommenu with the file menu.py but got the
same error

greetings yves

David Jean Louis

Jan 19, 2011, 3:53:20 AM1/19/11
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yves,

I have no idea on why you get this error :/
I assume you have set up the database correctly, syncdb + migrate (if
you have south installed) ?

Regards,

--
David

Le 18/01/2011 17:12, yvess a �crit :

yvess

Jan 19, 2011, 9:08:01 AM1/19/11
to django-admin-tools
Thanks for the response. It was my fault. I missed the migrate after I
added 'admin_tools.menu' to installed apps, thought I have done it.

regards
yves

David Jean Louis

Jan 19, 2011, 9:37:39 AM1/19/11
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
Great, glad to hear it's not a nasty bug :)

Le 19/01/2011 15:08, yvess a �crit :