Open Source Ecology

Chris F

May 20, 2011, 4:34:37 PM5/20/11
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

This is Chris Fornof with Open Source Ecology, We're attempting to create a Global Village Construction Set (GVCS, with the aim of
creating a "civilization starter kit", (see the TED talk).

In the long run, this looks like small completely off-grid self sufficient communities with high levels of tech and uber-epic self-replicating, Open Hardware, fab-lab hackerspaces/workshops as a major backbone of the community.

We're interested in the possibilities of bolting on a BioLab (PCR, nmr, gene printers/sequencers, microfluidics, etc) onto this, and are looking for subject matter experts that would be interested in collaboration. There are a number of open-hardware projects already in the works, we'd like to get a better picture of what these project's status are and how they relate.

The people on this mailing list understand that access to cheap BioTech tools holds huge potential to reshape how science research goes down, in addition to giving access to some fairly freaking awesome nanotech and protein/chemical production capabilities. We're interested in exploring what the possibilities are.

In the near short term we have an extreme interest in experts of bioplastics synthesis (with the aim of getting our 3D printers online soon.)

As the Open Source Ecology project has a fairly huge cross-section of collaborators across many fields, we also are seeking to recruit point leaders who can handle this coordination between us and the greater DIYBio community.

Those interested in collaboration should email Facto...@gmail.com (Please include "DIYBio" somewhere in the subject line).

Have a good day!

Chris F

May 20, 2011, 4:39:06 PM5/20/11
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Email FactorChris ( at ) gmail (dot) com.