Boston DIYers: interest in electrophoresis workshop?

Kay Aull

Jan 27, 2009, 12:38:04 PM1/27/09
to DIYbio
I'm in the process of upgrading the closet. In a week or two, I
should have a functional setup for electrophoresis. Anyone want to
play with it?

I could host a workshop for gel noobs, and/or a hack night - the
transilluminator / imager system needs to get built.

Jason Morrison

Jan 27, 2009, 12:55:48 PM1/27/09
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested in this!  Would this weekend or next Tuesday be good?
--
Jason Morrison
jason.p....@gmail.com

Mackenzie Cowell

Jan 27, 2009, 1:10:53 PM1/27/09
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Count me in!

bcardarella

Jan 28, 2009, 8:55:23 AM1/28/09
to DIYbio
I would also like to attend but not able to on Tuesdays.

- Brian

On Jan 27, 1:10 pm, Mackenzie Cowell <m...@diybio.org> wrote:
> Count me in!
>
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Jason Morrison <jason.p.morri...@gmail.com
>
> > wrote:
> > I'm definitely interested in this!  Would this weekend or next Tuesday be
> > good?
>
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Kay Aull <katherine.a...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I'm in the process of upgrading the closet.  In a week or two, I
> >> should have a functional setup for electrophoresis.  Anyone want to
> >> play with it?
>
> >> I could host a workshop for gel noobs, and/or a hack night - the
> >> transilluminator / imager system needs to get built.
>
> > --
> > Jason Morrison
> > jason.p.morri...@gmail.com
> >http://jayunit.net
> > (585) 216-5657

Bryan Bishop

Jan 28, 2009, 9:09:55 AM1/28/09
to diy...@googlegroups.com, kan...@gmail.com
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:55 AM, bcardarella <bcard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would also like to attend but not able to on Tuesdays.

Mac, or other diybio group organizers, might be interested in
http://doodle.ch/ - I've been using it to schedule lab meetings.

Here's an example:
http://doodle.com/example?type=date&locale=en&target=participation.html%3FpollId%3D%7B0%7D

But I wouldn't recommend this for long-term scheduling- maybe just a
one time deal- and then a consistent schedule should be drawn out.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

Jason Bobe

Jan 28, 2009, 11:59:56 AM1/28/09
to diy...@googlegroups.com
+1 for electrophoresis

Jason Bobe

Mackenzie Cowell

Jan 29, 2009, 6:23:27 PM1/29/09
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Bump - So shall we plan on Tuesday late afternoon / early evening?

Mac

kbhit

Feb 1, 2009, 10:41:57 PM2/1/09
to DIYbio
I'm definitely interested. I'm new to this but would be very
interested in joining.

Eric Kelsic

Feb 2, 2009, 8:58:22 AM2/2/09
to DIYbio
I'm interested in coming to meet some of you boston folk. I just
started reading the list last month. Is there a final schedule?

Lubbock Boy

Feb 2, 2009, 9:14:39 AM2/2/09
to DIYbio
Where will we meet?
I have jury duty all day and won't be able to arrive until after 5 pm.
david

On Jan 29, 6:23 pm, Mackenzie Cowell <m...@diybio.org> wrote:
> Bump - So shall we plan on Tuesday late afternoon / early evening?
>
> Mac
>

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Jason Bobe <jasonb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1 for electrophoresis
>
> > Jason Bobe
>
> > On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM, bcardarella <bcardare...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I would also like to attend but not able to on Tuesdays.
>
> >> - Brian

> >> jason.p.morri...@gmail.com

> >> be

Mackenzie Cowell

Feb 2, 2009, 9:05:31 PM2/2/09
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Jason M and I revamped the OpenWetWare DIYbio page that lists meetings and added a (sparse) entry for tomorrow's gel box meeting.

We'll do some gel box hacking and brainstorm projects for diygem.

If you have a meeting, please consider documenting it on OWW.

Mac

kbhit

Feb 3, 2009, 8:33:36 PM2/3/09
to DIYbio

I completely missed this message last night. How did it go? Don't
want to miss the next one.