Joining Vidoop to work on DiSo full time

1 view

Chris Messina

May 14, 2008, 1:29:48 AM5/14/08
to diso-project
If you haven't been following me (or Will) on Twitter, then you might have missed our announcements that we've both joined Vidoop (an OpenID provider) to work full time on DiSo!

Coverage:

ReadWriteWeb:
Vidoop:

My blog:

Anyway, over the next several months, we intend to figure out necessary licensing and ownership matters, but the goal is NOT for Vidoop to own the DiSo Project, but for it to remain its own independent project (which may necessitate the creation of a foundation of sorts -- this is unclear at the moment). We will also be starting up a small office in the city in the next couple of months as well.

The focus is going to continue to be where it's been, with an idea to do more active documentation, use casing, development, design, out-reach and similar types of work. Nothing in my mind is really changing except that there will now be two people focused full time on this project!

Anyway, please let me know if you have any thoughts/concerns/ideas,

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &

Stephane Daury

May 14, 2008, 8:54:53 AM5/14/08
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com

That's great news. Congrats to both!

---
Stephane Daury - http://tekartist.org/

Steve Ivy

May 14, 2008, 11:56:51 AM5/14/08
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com
I want to say that this is AWESOME. Congrats to Chris and Will, and
congrats to everyone here who has been putting in time and energy to
defining and building on the concepts that DiSo represents. I'm
excited about this upcoming chapter in DiSo-land!

http://redmonk.net/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=2719

--Steve

--
Steve Ivy
http://redmonk.net // http://diso-project.org

Robin Jakobsson

May 14, 2008, 2:31:40 PM5/14/08
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on this, this really is awesome news! Good luck to you both!

/Robin