Could you package the release with all necessary libs?

.enki

Mar 7, 2010, 12:22:12 PM3/7/10
to discrete-geometry-viewer
Hi Shakes,

your viewer looks quiet interesting and would like to try it out on
some flow simulation data I generated! Unfortunately I can not get dgv
to run because I am missing a few libs (or have the wrong version
installed on my system).

Could you please package your releases of dgv with ALL the required
libs in the dgv/bin directory (including libstdc++)?

This would be of great help!

Regards,
enki

Shakes

Mar 8, 2010, 4:44:59 AM3/8/10
to discrete-geometry-viewer
Hi Enki,

Thanks for the interest.

I will provide an extra binary archive with all libs in the next
release, which is ready for distribution (see svn repo). Hopefully
this should happen in the coming week.

On a side note, u might wanna ensure that the libstdc++ packages are
installed (esp for the corresponding architecture, i.e. 32-bit for 32-
bit DGV and 64-bit for 64-bit DGV).

Cheers
Shakes

Shakes

May 3, 2010, 9:54:55 AM5/3/10
to discrete-geometry-viewer
Hi Enki,

Having tried to archive the necessary libs a few times, I found that
the binaries didn't work for the systems I tried it on.

I think its best that I package (deb, rpm) these for the major
distros, as there are dependency issues I suspect. Anyway u can try
the binary I put up:
http://code.google.com/p/discrete-geometry-viewer/downloads/detail?name=dgv-linux-x86-v0.12.tar.bz2&can=2&q=#makechanges
Perhaps u will have more luck.

I should have packages for one of the major distros next release
(probably in a few months).

HTH
Cheers
Shakes

Shakes

Jun 20, 2010, 7:34:21 PM6/20/10
to discrete-geometry-viewer
Hi Guys,

I have added Ubuntu Package support as of Version 0.15. Currently I
have provided Lucid 10.4 (LTS) packages. But I can produce other
packages for other distros as needed or you could build it yourself
using my new packaging guide
<http://l3mmings.blogspot.com/2010/06/packaging-qt-applications-
for.html>

Let me know if you need help etc.