Ultima sites on Geocities

Dino

Apr 24, 2009, 1:28:56 PM4/24/09
to Dino's Ultima Page
The following is a list of Ultima sites I found on Geocities so far.
If you find any others, please post them here so that we can try and
save them before Geocities goes down altogether.

The Delve
http://www.geocities.com/darkdelve/

Ultima 6 Online
http://www.geocities.com/galleondragon/

Kobra Kai Dragon's Guide to Ultima 8: Pagan
http://br.geocities.com/eltontakara/

Ultima Thule!
http://www.geocities.com/infinitrondragon/

Virtues Dragon's Codex of Ultimate Wisdom
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4006/codex.html

Ultima Tech Info and Patches
http://www.geocities.com/nodling/ultima/ultima.html

Ultimatrix Homepage
http://www.geocities.com/xenerkes/

Kaleb's Dungeons of Destiny
http://www.geocities.com/noble_tea/ultfirst.html

Ynnad Dragon's Ultima Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Cavern/5706/

Ultima V Detailed Maps
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Exhibit/2762/u5/tmphtm.htm

Dino

Apr 24, 2009, 1:50:41 PM4/24/09
to Dino's Ultima Page
Updated list, including all Geocities Ultima sites in the Ring of
Dragons:

The Delve
http://www.geocities.com/darkdelve/

Ultima 6 Online
http://www.geocities.com/galleondragon/

Kobra Kai Dragon's Guide to Ultima 8: Pagan
http://br.geocities.com/eltontakara/

Ultima Thule!
http://www.geocities.com/infinitrondragon/

Virtues Dragon's Codex of Ultimate Wisdom
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4006/index.html
Lair of the Evil_Freak
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/6423/

The Ultima 4 Dungeon Map
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/park/5715/u4maps/

Avatar's Domain
http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/fortress/9061/

Sombros Mesphistos' Lair
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2042/ultima.html

Necromage Dragon's Ultima Experience
http://www.geocities.com/khrisonfire/

the Worlds of brainiak2
http://www.geocities.com/brainiak2/

Welcome to Britannia!
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Maze/1959/ultima.html

The Dragon's Ultima Page
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/2261/

Tony's Ultima Page
http://www.geocities.com/juliusaugustuscaesar69/index.html

The Dragon Press (old site)
http://www.geocities.com/blackthorn2ie/dragonpress/index.html

Xorinite Dragon's Lair
http://www.geocities.com/iremerald/

vinici...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2009, 11:30:53 AM4/25/09
to Dino's Ultima Page
I wil try to contact KobraKai to get his page and miror it somewhere.
I think we can put all the content on googlepages. right?

Blake D

Apr 25, 2009, 11:40:13 AM4/25/09
to dinou...@googlegroups.com
Things that might help the effort:
If you don't get all the content form Geocities in time, you can still
likely get much or all of it from the Internet Archive, as long as you
have the site URLs. http://www.archive.org

Also, there are tools that exist to make downloading entire web sites
easier (in case you have not heard of them). http://www.httrack.com/
is one, though I have not tried that one.

Blake

Dino

Apr 26, 2009, 5:12:57 AM4/26/09
to Dino's Ultima Page
@V[whatever your name is]:

I have already contacted Kobra Kai. I have given him some space on
nullneuron.net (my domain) and he will be moving there. Same with
Infinitron Dragon. I have also contacted Marc Winterrowd (of Ultima
Tech Info and Patches) but he hasn't replied yet.

@Blake:

I know about the internet archive, but last I used it, it just saved
the hypertext and lost the images and other files (which are often
more important). Also, as you said, the URL itself may be lost in
time; which is another problem I'm trying to solve by building an
Ultima Web Database of Ultima sites, dead and alive, on the internet.

HTTrack looks good... I think I'll give it a shot. I'm using wget so
far, but sometimes it doesn't download all the site content so trying
alternative tools may be a good idea.

John Rudd

Apr 26, 2009, 2:13:15 PM4/26/09
to dinou...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:28, Dino <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The following is a list of Ultima sites I found on Geocities so far.
> If you find any others, please post them here so that we can try and
> save them before Geocities goes down altogether.

When is Geocities supposed to go under?

Dino

Apr 27, 2009, 5:56:39 AM4/27/09
to Dino's Ultima Page
They just said "later this year". I believe we have a few months
before Geocities goes down. I am guessing Geocities will go down in
the second half of the year... possibly around July but maybe even
much later.

WtF Dragon

Apr 27, 2009, 4:37:06 PM4/27/09
to Dino's Ultima Page
Aiera has a huge chunk of space free for the effort; I'd be more than
happy to set up subdomains for any sites that need.

- WtFD