Digg API update for February 2012

Dave Beckett

Feb 16, 2012, 3:01:58 PM2/16/12
to Digg API Developers Support
Hi everyone

We had a few fixes and changes to the API since the last update in
early December

* Yet more Unicode generation fixes.
* XML generation fixes - mainly to always create a valid XML element
name.
* Normalize whitespace on title output - no more newlines / CRs there.
* We now return both 'buried' and 'dugg' flags for both stories and
comments in a user's activity feed. This wasn't always consistent.
* Just for fun you can now get back RDF result formats in Turtle[1]
and
RDF/XML[2] if you use a request with query arg type=turtle or
type=rdfxml
This schema may change at any time.
* Plus lots of other work to support the IOS App http://about.digg.com/iphone

Cheers

If you want to contact the API folks you can reply here, tweet
@diggapi or
use http://ideas.digg.com/digg or use http://about.digg.com/contact

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/