Do dreams mean anything at all?

Erica

Nov 14, 2004, 10:34:56 PM11/14/04
I took a nap this afternoon, and had a weird dream. I dreamed that I was
driving my car, and there was a passenger in the car sitting next to me.
I'm not sure who the passenger was, but I think it was my dad. Suddenly, my
tire blows out, and my car starts to flip. (No, not sure why a blown tire
would cause my car to flip, but it's my dream, damnit.) And it was really
hard, and required a lot of skillful driving, but I managed to keep the car
from flipping all the way over. I notice that there's a swampy ditch to the
left, and skillfully weaving in and out of traffic, manage to drive my car
into the ditch in such a way that no one was hurt. Apparently my breaks
didn't work either at this point.

When I woke up, rather than being upset by crashing my car in my dream, I
was euphoric, because in my dream, I knew that if it weren't for my great
driving skills, my passenger and I would have been killed.

Do you ever have dreams that are so powerful, that they effect your mood,
once you've woken up? And do you think dreams mean anything? I don't think
that it's a prophetic dream... my tires are in good condition, and it's a
fairly new car, so I don't think my breaks are going to go out on me any
time soon. And I'm really not a very good driver, so I wouldn't put too much
stock in my skillful driving saving anyone's life... especially with a blown
tire and no brakes. But Freud believed that dreams meant something... that
a car would mean a penis or something.

What do you think?

--
Erica
"Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none." - Anonymous

SteveR

Nov 14, 2004, 11:29:22 PM11/14/04
In article <AtVld.4151$G36...@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Erica" <webgir...@earthlink.net> wrote:

A dream which involves deflated tires and penises means you're about to
date a gay guy.

Erica

Nov 15, 2004, 12:07:43 AM11/15/04
"SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote

>> What do you think?
>
> A dream which involves deflated tires and penises means you're about to
> date a gay guy.

Oh thank goodness... at first I thought it meant I was going to date a black
guy with a large penis... and my family would NEVER accept me bringing home
a black guy as my date... big penis or not!

(Joking people, joking... shesh!)

--
Erica
"Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none." – Anonymous
http://home.earthlink.net/~webgirl

gbfmif

Nov 15, 2004, 7:40:17 PM11/15/04
Erica wrote:

vell - leave us tink and consider this conundrum

you are in a vehicle as the driver - tus you are in control and you have a
passenger, who inherently has no control - who the passenger is/was can be
delved into later for a hefty fee

Your tire blows out and you start to flip - could be an anxiety concerning
projected situations and upcoming reality as you see this unfolding.

A lot of driving skill keeps the car upright even with a brake failure to go
with it - vell - this indicates that you can handle the situation you know is
coming on the horizon even with complications you expect in confronting and
resolving these situations.

A final resting place of a swampy ditch even skillfully driving in and out of
traffic with no brakes - vell again - while you expect to not have a totally
negative outcome, you also expect less than a bed of roses as they say

Euphoric on awaking - indicates a mental view that while your subconscious
foresees difficulties, you will prevail, though maybe not in a way you will look
back on later as optimal

Dreams mean nothing - though they can be your subconscious telling you things
you conscious does not hear - this presupposing you believe in a subconscious in
the first place

Freud and Jung were idiots (my opinion)

You are on your own with the penis thing - or ve could negotiate hourly sessions
at a satisfactory rate to me :-)

Jer

Nov 15, 2004, 8:49:50 PM11/15/04

Forget the dreams, E, they mean squat. If they did, I'd have won the
Power Ball lottery at least twice by now, be living in a lavish
beachfront Mexican condo, and have the biggest dick on the block. Since
none of this is true....

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Erica

Nov 16, 2004, 2:44:22 AM11/16/04
"gbfmif" <gbfmifD...@texoma.net> wrote

Sorry not to snip... this post was greatness, and I don't want to snip any
of it!!! Thanks for the early morning chuckle!!!

My brother woke me up at 1 o'clock this morning, when I don't have to wake
up until 5... so I was pretty irritable this morning, until I read this.
Thanks so much!

Erica

Nov 16, 2004, 2:47:37 AM11/16/04
"Jer" <gd...@airmail.ten> wrote

> Forget the dreams, E, they mean squat. If they did, I'd have won the
> Power Ball lottery at least twice by now, be living in a lavish beachfront
> Mexican condo, and have the biggest dick on the block. Since none of this
> is true....

Well... I don't think dreams are prophetic or anything. I just wondered who
believes that things in your dreams symbolized things in real life. I
mean... you obviously hold the theory that dreams are just garbage, spewed
by our unconscious mind. And I may agree with you. But it's fun to think
that they could symbolize something else.

gbfmif

Nov 16, 2004, 7:15:11 PM11/16/04
Erica wrote:

> "gbfmif" <gbfmifD...@texoma.net> wrote
>
> > vell - leave us tink and consider this conundrum

snip er snacker

> Sorry not to snip... this post was greatness, and I don't want to snip any
> of it!!! Thanks for the early morning chuckle!!!

sallrite - don mentin it - monetary donations are a diverent kettle ov tuna

> My brother woke me up at 1 o'clock this morning, when I don't have to wake
> up until 5... so I was pretty irritable this morning, until I read this.

Ve do have a little sideline in contracts - but this ess vay more costly than
psychobabble

> Thanks so much!

your velcome

Tim McGaha

Nov 16, 2004, 9:07:30 PM11/16/04
In article <41994C70...@texoma.net>, gbfmif
<gbfmifD...@texoma.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Dreams mean nothing - though they can be your subconscious telling you things
> you conscious does not hear - this presupposing you believe in a subconscious
> in
> the first place

I hear there's a theory making the rounds that dreams are a side-effect
of the process of converting short-term memory to long-term memory.

Or maybe there isn't. The science of dreams is a long, long way from my
usual stomping grounds. But it sounds reasonable.

> Freud and Jung were idiots (my opinion)

Agreed, insofar as I'm entitled to an opinion. Freud had an annoying
tendency to make up his data, from what I've read.

--
Tim McGaha -- Clan MacKay: 2003-2004 Bishop's Cup Tug-of-War Champions!
itisbycaffeinealoneisetmymindinmotionitisbythebeansofjavathatthoughtsacquirespee

gbfmif

Nov 16, 2004, 10:19:33 PM11/16/04
Tim McGaha wrote:

> In article <41994C70...@texoma.net>, gbfmif
> <gbfmifD...@texoma.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Dreams mean nothing - though they can be your subconscious telling you things
> > you conscious does not hear - this presupposing you believe in a subconscious
> > in
> > the first place
>
> I hear there's a theory making the rounds that dreams are a side-effect
> of the process of converting short-term memory to long-term memory.

agree on this within severe limits on base theory proposed, though I no longer have
any interest in keeping up with this - but consider almost all psychobabble at this
point an art form - not a science - one thinks what one thinks - conscious or no -
Id - Ego - Super Ego - I'm OK - your not, PAC - well I can keep on through time,
but a theory in this realm is still an art form from my view - not a science in my
view. There is some movement toward science, but it has a long way to go in my
humble opinion

> Or maybe there isn't. The science of dreams is a long, long way from my
> usual stomping grounds. But it sounds reasonable.
>
> > Freud and Jung were idiots (my opinion)
>
> Agreed, insofar as I'm entitled to an opinion. Freud had an annoying
> tendency to make up his data, from what I've read.

I have much more respect for the rat runners in some ways, who I also have hostility
toward, but after participating in programed learning tests - I can still talk about
fricatives and bi-labial stops concerning language at least in US english from these
tests long ago, but I am not a good touchstone for this as Rogerian theory was the
deal in my long ago time when I played this game - and while getting A's - still
thought it all BS, (but I was really tired of driving a truck and delivering
furniture :-)

SteveR

Nov 17, 2004, 11:20:31 PM11/17/04
In article <zQWld.4206$G36....@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Erica" <webgir...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> "SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote
>
> >> What do you think?
> >
> > A dream which involves deflated tires and penises means you're about to
> > date a gay guy.
>
> Oh thank goodness... at first I thought it meant I was going to date a black
> guy with a large penis

Did the tire have whitewalls?

> and my family would NEVER accept me bringing home
> a black guy as my date... big penis or not!

Well, I'm black, so I won't be asking your family out any time soon.

> (Joking people, joking... shesh!)

You white cracker bitches are all the same. But that's ok.

Chris

Nov 18, 2004, 12:10:18 AM11/18/04

"SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote in message

What have you got against crackers.....everything taste great qhen it sits
on a Ritz.

SteveR

Nov 18, 2004, 7:44:20 PM11/18/04
In article <_8Wmd.29217$KJ6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Chris" <vscoote...@mindspring.com> wrote:

The Ritz cracker was invented by a black man who was white just seconds
before he lit the oven for the last batch. I suspect foul play.

As for your contention that everything tastes better on a Ritz, the
first question to mind is just how far you've researched this. The
second question is "do I really wanna know?"

--
In an alternate universe there is one Road Runner cartoon,
because at the end the Coyote brought him down with a revolver

Chris

Nov 18, 2004, 10:40:06 PM11/18/04

"SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote in message

It wasn't foul....it was well within the field of play.

> As for your contention that everything tastes better on a Ritz, the
> first question to mind is just how far you've researched this. The
> second question is "do I really wanna know?"

That is a very personal and private matter....and if I told you, one of us
would have to die...I am not sure which one of us though.

SteveR

Nov 19, 2004, 9:12:15 PM11/19/04
In article <qWdnd.29827$KJ6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Chris" <vscoote...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> "SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote in message

> > The Ritz cracker was invented by a black man who was white just seconds
> > before he lit the oven for the last batch. I suspect foul play.
>
> It wasn't foul....it was well within the field of play.

Are you suggesting we napalm South Central LA to stimulate the cookie
market?

> > As for your contention that everything tastes better on a Ritz, the
> > first question to mind is just how far you've researched this. The
> > second question is "do I really wanna know?"
>
> That is a very personal and private matter....and if I told you, one of us
> would have to die...I am not sure which one of us though.

If you'll eat anything on a Ritz, you'll croak before me.

Chris

Nov 20, 2004, 7:21:49 PM11/20/04

> In article <qWdnd.29827$KJ6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Chris" <vscoote...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > "SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote in message
> > > The Ritz cracker was invented by a black man who was white just
seconds
> > > before he lit the oven for the last batch. I suspect foul play.
> >
> > It wasn't foul....it was well within the field of play.
>
> Are you suggesting we napalm South Central LA to stimulate the cookie
> market?

Is that stimulate or simulate?

> > > As for your contention that everything tastes better on a Ritz, the
> > > first question to mind is just how far you've researched this. The
> > > second question is "do I really wanna know?"
> >
> > That is a very personal and private matter....and if I told you, one of
us
> > would have to die...I am not sure which one of us though.
>
> If you'll eat anything on a Ritz, you'll croak before me.

Not if I eat it covered with medication.

SteveR

Nov 20, 2004, 8:57:56 PM11/20/04
In article <xcRnd.31130$KJ6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Chris" <vscoote...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> "SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote in message
> > In article <qWdnd.29827$KJ6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

> seconds
> > >
> > > It wasn't foul....it was well within the field of play.
> >
> > Are you suggesting we napalm South Central LA to stimulate the cookie
> > market?
>
> Is that stimulate or simulate?

Same thing.

> > > That is a very personal and private matter....and if I told you, one of
> us
> > > would have to die...I am not sure which one of us though.
> >
> > If you'll eat anything on a Ritz, you'll croak before me.
>
> Not if I eat it covered with medication.

Fen-fren or vioxxxx?

Chris

Nov 20, 2004, 9:40:54 PM11/20/04

> In article <xcRnd.31130$KJ6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> "Chris" <vscoote...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > "SteveR" <tex_d...@comcast.nettttttt> wrote in message

> > seconds

> > > Are you suggesting we napalm South Central LA to stimulate the cookie
> > > market?
> >
> > Is that stimulate or simulate?
>
> Same thing.

Same or sane?

> > us
> > >
> > > If you'll eat anything on a Ritz, you'll croak before me.
> >
> > Not if I eat it covered with medication.
>
> Fen-fren or vioxxxx?

Fenoxxxxxx.....just approved by our ever diligent FDA (federal dumb asses)

Ron Johnson

Nov 22, 2004, 1:47:48 PM11/22/04

Reminds me of that story they used to tell in sales training classes.
There was this guy that wanted to be a toothbrush salesman, but had a
serious speech impediment. They said he couldn't do it.

Well, he says, hey, give me just one day to prove myself. They said,
fair enough.

He goes to the airport, (prior to the era of the Bushman) and sets up
a table with a sign saying, "Free Dip". People take the chips (or
Ritz), dip the dip, and then gag saying, this tastes like sh*t!

He replies, "it is, wanna buy a toothbrush".

Ron

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply by email

Ron Johnson

Nov 22, 2004, 1:48:09 PM11/22/04
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:47:37 GMT, "Erica"
<webgir...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Jer" <gd...@airmail.ten> wrote
>
>> Forget the dreams, E, they mean squat. If they did, I'd have won the
>> Power Ball lottery at least twice by now, be living in a lavish beachfront
>> Mexican condo, and have the biggest dick on the block. Since none of this
>> is true....
>
>Well... I don't think dreams are prophetic or anything. I just wondered who
>believes that things in your dreams symbolized things in real life. I
>mean... you obviously hold the theory that dreams are just garbage, spewed
>by our unconscious mind. And I may agree with you. But it's fun to think
>that they could symbolize something else.

I have always said that our mind solves a lot of problems for us when
we sleep. I think a lot of dreams are just that, others are just the
mind acting out it's own fantasies, (because it is sick of your
bizarre ones Erica) <g>

Ron
Jneavat:Cravf fhowrpg gb hapbagebyrq rkcnafvbaf jvgubhg jneavat

Erica

Nov 23, 2004, 6:30:36 AM11/23/04
"Ron Johnson" <bugman...@airmail.net> wrote

> I have always said that our mind solves a lot of problems for us when
> we sleep. I think a lot of dreams are just that, others are just the
> mind acting out it's own fantasies, (because it is sick of your
> bizarre ones Erica) <g>

My dreams tend to be a lot more bizarre and kinky than my fantasies. =p

--
Erica
"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited

Tracer

Dec 4, 2004, 9:08:42 PM12/4/04
Sounds like a personal situation that threatens to spin out of control,but
you deftly handle it.Possibly it involves your father.
tracer
"Erica" <webgir...@earthlink.net> wrote in message