Frankford and I-35?

UniPacker

Aug 19, 1994, 11:24:12 AM8/19/94
What's going on at this intersection? I usually bypass
this area on my way to work, but drove down Stemmons
from Vista Ridge the other day and noticed that some
sort of overpass is being built. Any ideas what this is
and where it's going?

Just curious...

JNSAEGER

Aug 19, 1994, 12:49:02 PM8/19/94
In article <332iqs$2...@search01.news.aol.com>, unip...@aol.com
(UniPacker) writes:

It's probably 190. I think it it will run from at least Irving to Plano.
It will be great
when it is done. Unfortunately I heard it has been taken over by the Texas
Turnpike Authority so it will cost you to use it.

JNS

UniPacker

Aug 19, 1994, 4:14:05 PM8/19/94
In article <332npu$5...@search01.news.aol.com>, jnsa...@aol.com (JNSAEGER)
writes:

>It's probably 190. I think it it will run from at least Irving to Plano.

Someone e-mailed me that this is just going to give Frankford
access to south-bound I-35... Seems like a lot of $$$ and time
just to add another ramp to Stemmons...

Hey -- just on an off chance... Are you John Saeger? As in
John Saeger who used to work for M/A/R/C in Irving? If so,
I'm one of your old co-workers. If not, then never mind...

Richard Wilkins

Aug 19, 1994, 4:31:17 PM8/19/94
I'm rarely over there but it's probably the 190/I35 interchange.

The 190 (George Bush Freeway) will loop around from I35 from around
Frankford along the Plano/N Dallas, Plano/Richardson lines and then
through Richardson down to I30. There is talk of making it a toll
road so it can be finished sooner.

Dick Wilkins CONVEX Computer Corporation
Internet: wil...@convex.com P.O. Box 833851
Phone: (214)497-4350 3000 Waterview Parkway
FAX: (214)497-4441 Richardson, TX 75083-3851

UniPacker

Aug 19, 1994, 6:21:02 PM8/19/94
In article <3334ql$j...@lovecraft.convex.com>, wil...@sabre.convex.com
(Richard Wilkins) writes:

>The 190 (George Bush Freeway) will loop around from I35 from around
>Frankford along the Plano/N Dallas, Plano/Richardson lines and then
>through Richardson down to I30.

Is it really going to be called the George Bush Freeway??? I
hadn't known that. Aren't you supposed to be DEAD before
they name a freeway for you???

Andrew Dean

Aug 20, 1994, 2:40:32 PM8/20/94
: (Richard Wilkins) writes:

: Is it really going to be called the George Bush Freeway??? I

: hadn't known that. Aren't you supposed to be DEAD before
: they name a freeway for you???

... or at least an o.k. president. Maybe the half destroyed central expy
should be called Bush Freeway. Of course, then they'd have to cut all
funding to any art projects in north dallas... and raise the property
taxes on Galleries along the access road.

--
<<<goofy stuff here>>> scot...@netcom.com

Will Bell

Aug 20, 1994, 3:34:38 PM8/20/94
In a previous article, unip...@aol.com (UniPacker) wrote:

>Is it really going to be called the George Bush Freeway??? I
>hadn't known that. Aren't you supposed to be DEAD before
>they name a freeway for you???

You have to be dead before they put you on a stamp. George Bush Drive
was in College Station not too long after Bush was elected. Part
of the successful attempt to gain the George Bush Presidential Library
which is currently located in an old bowling alley.

--
Will Bell -- w...@netcom.com -- Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy from Arlington, TX

Joe Isham

Aug 20, 1994, 5:28:29 PM8/20/94
scot...@netcom.com (Andrew Dean) writes:

I think George Bush is an appropriate name because:
* it goes around in circles
* there's nothing in the middle
* if it ever gets finished, it'll cost you an arm and a leg to use it.

Hmm... Perhaps the Bill Clinton Frwy might be more appropriate.

(flames to /dev/null -- I didn't vote for either of them.)

--
In real life: Joe Isham In cyberspace: jis...@nyx.cs.du.edu | Plaid Kangs,
Hobbies: British comedy, desktop publishing, auto travel, | Plaid Kangs,
In real life: Joe Isham In cyberspace: jis...@nyx.cs.du.edu | Plaid Kangs,
Hobbies: British comedy, desktop publishing, auto travel, | Plaid Kangs,
waiting for Windows 4.0 and wishing i had more RAM. | Plaid Kangs
$include Matthew 7:1 | are best!

Mike West

Aug 21, 1994, 12:33:14 AM8/21/94
UniPacker (unip...@aol.com) wrote:
> In article <332npu$5...@search01.news.aol.com>, jnsa...@aol.com (JNSAEGER)
> writes:

> >It's probably 190. I think it it will run from at least Irving to Plano.

> Someone e-mailed me that this is just going to give Frankford
> access to south-bound I-35... Seems like a lot of $$$ and time
> just to add another ramp to Stemmons...

It is needed. The reason is because they are going to have to shut down
the Trinity Mills interchange at some point to completely remake it and
they need an alternative. The reason Trinity Mills will be remade is
because 1) that is where 190 really will be and 2) it gets flooded out
every time there is a heavy rain.

Mike West
we...@esd.dl.nec.com

John Mason Scott

Aug 21, 1994, 6:33:49 PM8/21/94
> Someone e-mailed me that this is just going to give Frankford
> access to south-bound I-35... Seems like a lot of $$$ and time

Will Frankford be extended to 35, through Carrolton?
Where will 190 run, east to west, north of Frankford from Carrolton
to 75?

John Scott

--
It is sometimes said that man cannot be trusted to government of himself.
Can he, then, be trusted to the government of others?

- Thomas Jefferson

Joe Isham

Aug 21, 1994, 7:56:28 PM8/21/94
jms...@setex.august.com (John Mason Scott) writes:
:Will Frankford be extended to 35, through Carrolton?

:Where will 190 run, east to west, north of Frankford from Carrolton
:to 75?

It will follow Trinity Mills from I-35 to Kelly, then cut northeast,
crossing Marsh north of Frankford,, and finally hitting Preston just south
of Plano Pkwy. Then it will cut east to hit Coit near Frankford (that
intersection is being built right now). THen over 75 and into Garland
where it's already open.

Nick Metrowsky

Aug 22, 1994, 10:10:50 AM8/22/94
Making SR-190 a toll road is a great idea, right! I can see it now the LBJ
Freeway being backed up for miles and SR-190 having little traffic. If you do
not believe this, then take a look at Beltway 8 in Houston. I-610 is like
Central Expressway (distressway) during rush hours and Beltway 8 has a very low
traffic flow.

I do admit the Dallas North Tollway is now being used more frequently, but
the traffic flow on either Stemmons or Central is much higher. Too bad that
the State of Texas, Carrollton, Plano and Dallas have lost sight of the
main purpose of SR-190, that is, to fix LBJ. Also, SR-190 is going to be sorely
need, when they get to fixing the broken LBJ/Central interchange (malfunction
junction).

Someone listed several reason for naming SR-190 after George Bush, here's
another one: So people can run him over everyday, like they do to LBJ now!
Nick Metrowsky |
System Programmer | Internet: nme...@rice.edu
Rice University |
P. O. Box 1892 M/S: ONS - 119 | Phone: (713)285-5409 FAX: (713)527-6099
Houston, Texas 77251-1892 |

Scott Collins

Aug 22, 1994, 1:27:53 PM8/22/94
In article j...@lovecraft.convex.com, wil...@sabre.convex.com (Richard Wilkins) writes:
>I'm rarely over there but it's probably the 190/I35 interchange.
>
>The 190 (George Bush Freeway) will loop around from I35 from around
>Frankford along the Plano/N Dallas, Plano/Richardson lines and then
>through Richardson down to I30. There is talk of making it a toll
>road so it can be finished sooner.

More than talk. The Texas Turnpike Authority was busy handing out survey cards on
the entrance and exit ramps on Central near the 190 interchange last week. Dollars
to donuts they were collecting data to support conversion to a toll road. My
commute. Now, if they want to talk about expanding Custer from 121 to Legacy...

|Scott Collins Alcatel Network Systems|
|col...@aud.alcatel.com Richardson, Texas|
| Finger for Geek Code and disclaimer |

Robert Thurlow

Aug 22, 1994, 3:44:51 PM8/22/94
In article <333b8e$g...@search01.news.aol.com>,
UniPacker <unip...@aol.com> wrote:

>Is it really going to be called the George Bush Freeway??? I
>hadn't known that. Aren't you supposed to be DEAD before
>they name a freeway for you???

Maybe they'll solve that by getting him down here for a dedication
AFTER the highway opens ... ;-)

Rob T
--
hardware, n. 1. the part of a computer which CAN be kicked.

Jim Pritchett

Aug 31, 1994, 12:15:58 AM8/31/94
In article <1994Aug22...@rhine.is.rice.edu>, Nick Metrowsky writes:

> Someone listed several reason for naming SR-190 after George Bush, here's
> another one: So people can run him over everyday, like they do to LBJ now!

What do you mean "run over"? LBJ is an oversized parking lot - isn't it?

Jim Pritchett

UUCP: rwsys.lonestar.org!caleb!jdp "For with God nothing shall
be impossible." Luke 1:37